Sharing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ardoptres, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Ardoptres macrumors regular

I've been trying to make the several of the bluetooth sharing things to work, but I can't figure out how to.

So, does anyone know how to make the screen sharing thing work?

How can I get my iMac to discover my MPB and vice versa? Same goes for iTunes Home Sharing.

I am quite lost atm.

Thanks in advance.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You want to share screens via Bluetooth?

Wireless LAN or Ethernet is much better for this.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-10329122-263.html

The thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.

To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.
    Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

3. Ardoptres thread starter macrumors regular

The problem with iTunes seems to be that "The network connection timed out".

Does anyone know how I can make it not do that? :)p)

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Can you please be more specific in your description and thread title*?

What Mac, what Mac OS X version and what iTunes version do you use?

What kind of settings have you set up to share your iTunes library to another Mac (which one, which OS and what iTunes version does that one use, and also what settings are set there)?

* to gain the attention of people who can help you due to their knowledge, as "Sharing" can mean a multitude of things

5. Ardoptres thread starter macrumors regular

The problem with iTunes was solved by connecting the computers with a FW-cable.

I'll update the thread with more info and a better title later. I don't have the time to do it right now :)

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That's okay.

A physical connection by cable is almost always better than a wireless one, as there is less interference and less settings to control.