sharp edges Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeiter, Feb 20, 2008.

1. zeiter macrumors 6502

Oh well, I am waiting for the new MBP upgrade on the 26th, but if it's not there i will buy a macbook since I might be moving to vancouver and need a laptop.

Anyways, I have heard that a lot of people complain about the sharp edges of the macbook and it hurts. Are those people exagerating it a little too much or in the end it really does hurt? or is it just annoying?

thanks

P.S. Is LED display making better colour reproduction....because dell kinda attracts me with its 13.3 LED display which the macbook doesn't have

2. fishinthecity macrumors newbie

I recently upgraded from a MB to a MBP (wanted more screen real estate for work).. Anyway, I handed the MB down to my partner and it has been pointed out to me that the sharp edges are very annoying.... I never noticed them myself.

I think it will be pretty simple to fix with a piece of fine sand paper and just take the sharp edge off.

3. weizilla macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat as you are about the MB(P) and LED displays. The only diff is that i'm not moving, just impatient :)

4. MacGuyver macrumors member

Homosexuals and others with limp wrists seem to find it as uncomfortable.

I honestly never noticed it or even realized until I saw people on MR complaining. But if you type correctly it's not an issue.

5. makismagoo99 macrumors regular

makismagoo99

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

It bothered me at first, but i hardly notice anymore. If you use the MacBook in your lap it won't bother you; it's mainly when you have it up on a desk, etc.

6. nikhsub1 macrumors 68020

nikhsub1

I have a 17" MBP and have no issue. My wife and my best friend each have a MB (SR) and they both HATE the case! They both say it kills their wrists... My wife likes her 12" ibook much better :(

7. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I went from a powerbook to a MB.

Yes it has sharp edges. I was going to file them down a bit with a cardboard nail file or bit of sandpaper but never got round to it. Meaning it never bothered me enough to spend the 30 seconds needed.

Just now, I checked again, and somehow the edges seem far smoother than when I bought it.

PS if the edges dig into your wrist then either you're sitting incorrectly (your choice if you want to) or you have really really large hands.