Sharp Gap between White and Gold part of iPhone hurts my fingers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by louisebelcher, Dec 25, 2014.

1. louisebelcher macrumors newbie

louisebelcher

Anyone else as annoyed as I am by the sharp gap between the front and the back of the iPhone? Like, for instance, on my Gold iphone, its the seam between the white front and the gold back. It hurts to quickly move a finger between those parts. Seems like poor engineering :(

2. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Really?? That's odd.. It shouldn't be sharp at all.. I have the Gold 6+, no issue here

----------

Oh by the way... I love Bobs Burgers!! I just noticed your name

3. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

UMM... That definitely seems like something you need to get checked out big time. Using an iPhone should never cause physical pain. Emotional and mental pain, maybe depending on the circumstances of communication, bugs, accidental damage to the phone etc, but never a physical "Ouch!"

4. MatheusDebull macrumors newbie

Take it in to get looked at asap. My friend's phone was doing something similar and the battery inside was expanding.

5. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Picture please.
    There are no gaps on my iPhone

6. Tzuten macrumors 6502

Go to an Apple store, or any other store with floor models that you can pick up and test. Mine doesn't do this, but I heard some people said that hair would get stuck in that gap.

Return it for a new one if you are unable to replicate the issue on another.

7. 938092 Suspended

Your screen may be slightly recessed into the casing more than it should be causing the plastic seal to be slightly higher than the screen thus as you slide your finger over the edge of the phone it will snag on it.

This is due to loose screens that nearly every iPhone 6 that I have seen has. It's due to a lack of a clip near the volume buttons and you'll probably see it's loose if you really look and apply pressure there.

8. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

That is just terrible!