Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phiberglass

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
I've seen videos where the text and images made from FCP are incredibly sharp. Whenever I create text or put images in, they seem blurry and not sharp at all. What am I doing wrong. Right now I'm trying to put a logo I made in. I'm going to be taking images from illustrator which are high resolution vectors, how can I makes these look sharp and like their full resolution?

Thanks.

Nvm, I think I got it. Just exported to jpg in 300dpi RGB and then just resize in FCP, once rendered they're pretty clear.

phiberglass

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Hmm, It looks fine at 100%, but that's a small canvas. Where can I change it so it's a bigger video. instead of 400x400 of w.e it is.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
... What am I doing wrong. ...
You are worrying about how well Final Cut Pro plays your video. FCP is an editor, not a player. It plays well enough to get the job done. Elsewhere in your post, you state that the finished product looks great. This is as it should be. Edit your video in FCP. Use another app to play it or burn it to disc. Everything will be fine.

phiberglass

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Well when I play it outside of final cut pro, it must be played in like a 400x400 video. If I make it bigger it becomes blurry/pixelated. Do I have to change the settings somewhere so that FCP creates the video in a higher resolution?

-DH

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2006
Nashville Tennessee
Well when I play it outside of final cut pro, it must be played in like a 400x400 video. If I make it bigger it becomes blurry/pixelated. Do I have to change the settings somewhere so that FCP creates the video in a higher resolution?

What resolution is the source video? What were/are your Sequence settings in FCP? And what settings did you use for exporting from FCP?

Once exported, if you try to play it in any resolution higher than the exported resolution, it WILL look fuzzy.

-DH

phiberglass

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
This is just images, so no source footage. The images are 8.5x11 vector images, saved as jpeg at 300dpi. So I downsized them a lot on the video.

I'm not sure about the sequence settings, and I exported to quicktime using the default settings. I will try exporting using different settings to see if that changes anything.

phiberglass

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Yea, even with a different way of exporting it's still blurry. I take it I have to make the sequence a certain size/type before I start the project? How would I change this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.