Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzzn

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
Notts, UK
hey everyone... i've searched the forums and browsed and been reading for the past hour or so and cannot seem to find the answer to my problem... so if somebody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. i took a few pictures with my Fujifilm S3500 Digital Camera... now some of them are GREAT! sharp and clear and just beautiful, but some of them have came out very blurry. I was wondering if there is any way to sharpen up these blurry images so as to get a clearer view of what it should have been. Is that even possible?

I'm probably the least knowledgeable photographer ever but i really enjoy it when i try... it's definitely something i'd like to do a bit more in the future... but those blurry shots just really annoy me after coming home from a trip and the picture i thought that would look the best turns out to be the blurriest! It really is disappointing sometimes and if someone could help me at least improve some of the pics then it would be VERY greatly appreciated!

Also, i do have Adobe Photoshop CS2, Designer CS2 and ImageReady CS2 in case that helps!

Thanks in advance,

fuzzn

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
You can use unsharp mask in PhotoShop if you have it - iPhoto has a sharpen feature, but be careful, sharpening can introduce noise and halos around edges...if you have PhotoShop, Fred Miranda makes some nice noise plugins, and Noise Ninja does a fine job...but there is a limit to what you can fix digitally.

Edit - OK go to Filter>Sharpen>Unsharp Mask and play around with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.