Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derek420

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2010
Killa Cali
Aw damn that's ridiculous..You can best believe Apple heard about this and is going to scour the interwebs looking for the exploit so they can patch it..*sigh*

CZK

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Aw damn that's ridiculous..You can best believe Apple heard about this and is going to scour the interwebs looking for the exploit so they can patch it..*sigh*

They dont have to ''scour'' the interwebs..... just suscribe to comex or Musclenerd's twitter which takes 3 seconds and are the primary source of information about jailbreaks sincethey make them.

Apple plays the cat and mouse game with jailbreakers, each firmware they released had surprises for them. I am 100% sure that Apple is very insterested to know how SHAtter works since it will requiert an hardware update in order to fix that one.

What do you think 4.0.1 was for ?

Yes it was to patch the pdf exploit that was used to jailbreak devices ( aka jailbreakme.com).

I hope you realize that your post was just dumb.

The LPT

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2010

Yes it was to patch the pdf exploit that was used to jailbreak devices ( aka jailbreakme.com).

you mean 4.0.2

Nrwrit3r

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2010
Yeah I saw that yesterday, the IRC were fire red with all that. That is the downside of the JB community being so young, they are very talented but most of them cannot handel their 15min of fame :(

whats the irc server/chan?

derek420

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2010
Killa Cali
They dont have to ''scour'' the interwebs..... just suscribe to comex or Musclenerd's twitter which takes 3 seconds and are the primary source of information about jailbreaks sincethey make them.

Apple plays the cat and mouse game with jailbreakers, each firmware they released had surprises for them. I am 100% sure that Apple is very insterested to know how SHAtter works since it will requiert an hardware update in order to fix that one.

I hope you realize you need to learn to comprehend what you read. Just because Dev-Team members tweet about JB related info doesn't mean they're broadcasting the source code.

And yes, I'm fully aware SHAtter would require a change in hardware, which was the point of my post. The Dev-Team decided to save the SHAtter exploit for the next gen iPhone, and instead use Geohot's exploit. So if Apple gets their hands on the SHAtter exploit, they'll be able to patch the hardware in the iPhone 5. The whole point of saving SHAtter was so they would have a head start for the next gen.

So yea, you're post was just dumb. Learn to read.

mrblack927

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
Not the best example.
computer-monitor-eye-strain.jpg

I actually prefer the normal text. Cleartype always makes everything look blurry.

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
I hope you realize you need to learn to comprehend what you read. Just because Dev-Team members tweet about JB related info doesn't mean they're broadcasting the source code.

And yes, I'm fully aware SHAtter would require a change in hardware, which was the point of my post. The Dev-Team decided to save the SHAtter exploit for the next gen iPhone, and instead use Geohot's exploit. So if Apple gets their hands on the SHAtter exploit, they'll be able to patch the hardware in the iPhone 5. The whole point of saving SHAtter was so they would have a head start for the next gen.

So yea, you're post was just dumb. Learn to read.

+ 1.

CZK, you clearly need to learn to read better because you entirely missed the point that Derek420 made.

He was saying that Apple could get the exploit in order to update the hardware (quietly or not) to block the exploit before being released.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
whats the irc server/chan?

did you read the thread? i posted it on post #22

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/11576173/

While you are right on 4.0.2 fixing the pdf exploit, it was not intended to stop jailbreaker, the PDF hole was a severe security hole that needed to be fix, even if jailbreak it use it or not, it was extremely easy to exploit and it would have put all the millions of iphone users on a great rick and that PR mess wouldn't have been real bad for sales.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.