Shatter not releasing tomorrow

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jbarresi19, Oct 9, 2010.

1. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

So now what do i do? Use limera1n or wait.....damn

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I would wait...

3. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

For what?

Your not getting a new jailbreak until the next hardware fresh at the very least.

4. Advil macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I had a crap experience with blackra1n so I'm waiting too. I'm always a guinea pig. Not this time!

5. Jinkst macrumors 6502

Jinkst

I'll be waiting for 4.2 and a Mac supported LimeRa1n :) *Fingers crossed*

6. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Limera1n is subpar. Wait for greenpois0n

7. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

How do you know that? Do you have actual experience or are you just another kid spouting off at the mouth?

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Greenposi0n will be release soon, jut wait

9. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Geohot himself said it was a buggy piece of ****. It was in one of the other threads. It was obviously rushed for early release. I'll be waiting.

10. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I'm waiting. Especially after reading this:

Both from p0sixninja

"we have 3 options, A) Not release greenpois0n, B) Burn a second bootrom expoit, or C) Break our ETA and implement geo's exploit"

"we'll probably go with option C, but i'm too pissed off to work on this tonight. i'm going to go get wasted"

I don't care if I have to wait months for this. Any respect I had for geohot's talents is completely negated by his attitude.

And check this out...

[​IMG]

11. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Ok thats fine. Enjoy being bitter while we all JB our 4.1 iPhone 4's!

12. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I'm not bitter at all. My phone is already jailbroken with all the features I need. I'm content with waiting for quality over first release just for the sake of being first. :)

13. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

He wasn't being bitter at all, he was posting the True!

Enjoy your buggy iPhone4 with Limera1n

14. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Not buggy at all. Everything working fine. Thanks though :D Been far to long on vanilla firmware.

15. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I really hope it continues to work well for you and anyone else who's using it. Personally, I'm not taking that chance. That doesn't mean you shouldn't if that's what you want. Please don't take my dislike for geohot's ways for hoping limera1n becomes buggy for those who use it.

I posted what I did in my previous post to share with the forum. Some here may not follow some of these guys on twitter and don't read the info released first hand. I just want to share so people know the kind of person they're getting this jailbrake from.

Some will use what's out now and some will wait. I hope everyone has a good experience. The iPhone Dev Team and Chronic Dev Team are my kind of people, at least from what I know of them. So that's who I'll wait for.

Enjoy and good luck!

16. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Geohot did not test his exploit on the Apple TV, which mean that if his exploit is not compatible, Apple tv will be left behind until maybe 4.2 :(:(, Geohot need to just leave the iPhone Community and focus on his crappy PS3 jailbreaking or anything else.

17. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

He screwed the PS3 owners too. We don't want him, either.

(Sincerely, PS3 owner)

18. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

what he do to the ps3?

19. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

He came up with a very impressive hypervisor exploit using the Other OS feature of the PS3. It couldn't run backups or anything, but it was the first successful exploit of the hypervisor. It essentially allowed full hardware access in Linux, but it required the exploit to be run every time you booted, and its success rate was low.

Sony panicked, and removed the entire Other OS feature via a firmware update. Geohot promised a way to retain the Other OS feature when upgrading to newer firmware.

That was the last anyone heard from him on the matter, and that went down back in January. So he claimed the "first to exploit the PS3" kudos, and then abandoned everyone, leaving them to deal with the consequences.

20. bushido Suspended

bushido

hackers fighting over each others releases, thats almost as silly as with those "sharing groups"

21. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

You can't do anything on the new TV anyway. No app launcher = no apps. Unless you are talking about the old TV? :p

22. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

we need the JB in oder to DO something..without the JB there won't be any Launcher or anything else... lot of developers (including me) where anger to get access to the AppleTV2, now we have to say bye bye for a while :(

23. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

The Chronic Dev Team aren't "my kind of people" -- they were going to release a bootrom exploit that would only work on devices using the A4 chip. As a 3GS owner, that sucks. You can follow the drama and "sympathize" for people who are just as ego-driven as geohot, but as soon as Limera1n supports the new 3GS bootrom I'll be happily running a jailbroken iPhone on 4.1 :D

24. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

What could you do with TV anyway? Not many people have it (compared to iPhone/iPod and iPad owners). You aren't mad about Geohot doing this, you are selfish. You want access to TV over millions of people with iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 3G and 4G and iPads. Geohot was right to quit the jailbreak community, especially if there are people like you. He was also right about his exploit versus Shatter. Shatter should be saved, not his exploit.