Shattered iPhone 3G, wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aggies2010, Jun 11, 2011.

1. aggies2010 macrumors newbie

aggies2010

So I shattered the screen on my 3G, everything still works fine (minus the fact it is extremely slow running ios4).

What should I do? Buy an iPhone 4 or wait for the new one? Does anyone know if AT&T will do anything special for me like exchange the 4 when the new one comes out or give me a loaner?

2. outlawarth macrumors regular

Wait it out a little longer if you can and get the next iPhone.

3. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

Slap a screen protector on it so it doesn't cut you and wait. Exactly what I have done. I also just bout a $7.55 screen replacement kit on ebay. It will be good as new when I replace it.

4. d0minick macrumors 6502

i personally buy broken iphones with shattered screen because they are so cheap to sell and ROI is handsome.

I recommend waiting but getting your iphone fixed. it only cost about 40 bucks. I am not gonna post a link to where I get mine fixed unless you PM me, but a quick google search should find something in your area.

5. aggies2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

aggies2010

Thanks for the tip areyouin. Just watched a video on how to replace the screen and it doesn't seem to hard and parts are cheap. Probably why there are so many people doing it and charging $40-$50.

6. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Definitely wait until September to see if the next Gen iPhone is released.

7. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Get it fixed or do it yourself, not really expensive.

8. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Definitely buy some high quality doulble stick tape or glue of some sort if you plan to do it yourself. I just had to take the screen off my sisters 3GS and put it on mine because the replacement screen I ordered came with cheap tape and I didn't have any glue handy. I'll put the new one on hers when I get some tape.

9. Kentochan macrumors 6502

Kentochan

I fixed my 3G's glass myself with iFixit's guide and an $8 digitizer from Amazon. Worked like a charm :D

10. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

My original iPhone bit it a month ago, so I was inthe same situation as you. Don't wait. Just get the iPhone 4. It's an amazing device and I couldn't be happier.

11. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

I swear almost half of iPhones I see people using are shattered to hell, and they just keep using them :rolleyes:

I'd hold out if I was you

12. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I'm on an iPhone 3G too, hold out buddy only 3 more months left. Then we can enjoy the best iPhone yet :p

13. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Wait, seriously why pay like full price for a device that's a year old? Just wait a few more months and get something brand new.

14. flipster macrumors 6502a

My friend just shattered her 3GS today. She was within the 1 year limited warranty and spider cracked the screen (shattered it). She went to Apple, and they replaced it for free. Try your luck.