Shattered my iPhone 6 into oblivion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by None Such, Jun 11, 2015.

1. None Such macrumors 6502

So bad that chunks of glass are missing. There are also some nicks on the side of the phone and a little discoloration on the bottom corners. The nearest Apple store is 2 1/2 hours away. I was just wondering what the best option for repair would be. I see that I could mail it in and get the screen repaired for $109. Anyone know of any better options? Is there an option to pay a little more and get a refurbished phone or replacement? Just looking for any tips, thanks.

2. rulymammoth macrumors member

Depending on where you live, there may be iPhone repair shops that can fix it for you for much cheaper. Do a Google search.

3. None Such thread starter macrumors 6502

Guess I should have stated that I've done plenty of google searches and talked to several places. None do iPhone 6 repair yet. Was just looking for some info on here of any other options and the best way to go about it. Such as has anyone else mailed their phone in and their experience. Or would it be better to drive to a store out of town. Or is there some other program or offer that I'm not aware of.

4. None Such thread starter macrumors 6502

Also the phone had a hard time connecting to the charger and the headphones want to constantly pause and fast forward when I try to listen to something. I cleaned out the charger slot and it works now. Tried to clean out the headphone port and it sort of worked. Is it likely just lint, dust etc. or is this a common problem after dropping a phone? I guess I'm pretty rough on my phone.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You can get Apple to send you another if you call them. They will put a hold on the funds for the full cost of the phone. Call Apple and see what options they offer.

6. Gav2k, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015

Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Honestly go with apple. I've repaired several now and if the frame is dented in anyway you have to perform witchcraft to get the bigger seated.

7. iConnected macrumors 6502a

iConnected

Agree with others - have Apple do it.

That way you also benefit from the remaining term of your 1 year warranty if anything should go wrong before that expires.

8. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

If you made the trek to the store, they would give you the option of an out of warranty replacement. It will be more than $109 though.

9. None Such thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I'll give them a call.