Shaved Legs Arms

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Fearless Leader, May 13, 2007.

1. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

Ok, I have never really liked all this hair that has started growing on me and I have shaved small sections, say upper leg, abdomen, etc, where others cant see. Well I took a leap this morning and shaved my legs and arms completely. Damn it feels good.

1) Are there any guys out there who have also done/do this?
    1.5) Did you like it?
    2) Whats your opinion of guys shaving legs/arms?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I (am rapidly going to regret posting in this thread) do that. I think it just looks better, highlights muscle definition and complexion better (my arm skin is much more notably honey-colored without body hair). I'm not tremendously hairy to begin with, but I vastly prefer it this way. (My answer #2 is that people should do what makes them happy. ;) )

3. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Unless you are a swimmer I think it is really awkward. Get ready to be really itchy. When I swam back in high school, some of my teammates shaved their arms and legs and they itched like crazy when it started to grow back.

4. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i am not an extremely hairy dude, (i fight muay thai and mma(even though i have never fought mma yet))i get my chest and back waxed, i dont really care much about my chest but my back absolutely has to go,, eww shoulder hairs.....no way

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

6. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

It's gonna get itchy. If I remember right, waxing is less itchy when it grows back.

7. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

looks really good on some guys , wont notice it on others.

Most guys i know who do this tend to wax rather than shave. lasts longer and no itchies.

If you are very scarred looks bad, I know a few mountain bike type people whose shins are hairless because of all the scar tissue...:eek:

I think it should be law that all males ( and females) get rid of back and shoulder hair:D ;) :p
    Oh and back of hand and fingers hair too.

8. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

I have pretty much shaved all over, but usually end up regretting it badly after a few days.

9. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

1) Most certainly not. Say what you will, but I like having hairy arms and legs. No offense, but I would be embarrassed if I shaved my arms/legs.

2) To each his own, I suppose. I don't have a problem if other guys want to shave their arms and legs, but I can't say I really understand the need to. I'm comfortable in my body the way it is, perhaps if it became bothersome I would consider doing something about it.

10. Fearless Leader thread starter macrumors 68020

Is waxing painful? expensive? I've had my eyebrows waxed as a surprise (what a surprise that was) when i had my hair washed after a cut.

11. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

You can do waxing yourself...I've only done it once around 14 years ago, so I don't know how expensive it is anymore. Pain is subjective, so you can always try it and find out if it is beyond your tolerance. You could also just the manscaping route instead of shaving it to the skin.

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yikes. I wasn't going to jump into this because I find it to be less than appealing topic for my taste. However, that link you provided certainly highlights why I hate our recent house guest. I thought this item was for his head...he leaves it on the counter and such and I often move it. Now that I know what it is being used for...I'm disgusted!

13. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

As a MTBer, I shaved my legs a couple of times, years ago. Made the mistake of doing the whole of my legs, rather than just the lower 2/3's.... most uncomfortable I've been. Shaved legs feel weird in bed to. :p

14. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

no! stop doing this to yourself! guys should be guys. Don't shave anymore of your body! if your a hairy monster, getting rid of some is fine. a trim or up keep is fine your naughty bits. *wink wink nudge nudge* But i beg u men please stop with the arms and legs. now these rules do not apply to back hair get rid of that crap!

15. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I've been shaving my arms for many years now, and many of my friends do the same thing. Hair just isn't an attractive quality at some point.
    I've done my legs several times but not nearly as much as I used to and only in the summer.
    I try to keep hair to a reasonable minimum and have found the Philips Bodygroom to be quite helpful.
    BTW I have a few friends that shave everything.

16. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

1. You couldn't pay me enough to do it.
    2. Unless you're an athlete who does it for performance or have a raging allergy to hair, it seems a bit fruity to me. Just my opinion.

17. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Not really. To each their own i suppose but im fine with mine.

Loving the 'tar too. All hail FSM indeed

18. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

we are only talking about the guys side of this....... what about girls and the hair issue?

19. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

hahah you knwo what, for osme reason i always end up with hairy girls buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, they take care of it... girls muuuuuuuuust take care of it, legs, armpits, back upperlip and well you know(or at least trimmed, properly taken care of)... are musts, and if the girl has black hairs on her stomach it would not hurt too get rid of those too, oh and hairy butts are not attractive on girls... if a girl is hairier than me then we got a problem...lol

20. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I have fingers and toes like Frodo the Hobbit, and am quite proud of them actually.

Tried shaving everything else a couple of times to see what it was like. Was OK but a real pain in the arse, took far too long and too much mess for the return. Nowadays I don't bother.

Often in the summer I will give armpits a trim, (leaving half an inch or so still there, so it doesn't itch) just cos it smells less and is easier to clean. A bit of tidying up down there is nice too.

I honestly don't mind armpit hair on women, I think we should be more accepting of hair on people. My partner always obsesses about her 'hairy' legs, and I always ask her not to shave them, just accept them. Mine are far more hairy and she loves them, so why not her own!?

She says it's different for men, it's ok for them to have hairy legs. Seems she's more concerned about what other women think than what I or other men happen to think :)

21. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

22. Clarence macrumors regular

i am not incredibly hairy to start with but:

I do use a trimmer on 2-3 guard all over my chest, stomach, and you-know-where.

no itch, looks good to me, and the ladies dont seem to mind. :D

23. Fearless Leader thread starter macrumors 68020

best thing I've learned about in school. Some kid did a presentation and included the FSM.

anyways I'm itching a bit not that bad though. The reason I'm doing this is my family has wolf and monkey blood in it. I'm still in high school and I had more hair then most grown men on there legs and arms.

24. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I routinely shaved just about everything for championship meets when I was a swimmer in high school and college.

I'm more into triathlons now, and while I don't shave, the vast majority of the tri athletes I know do...all the better to show off their toned calves (which I don't have).