Shazam App (UK)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by daveishere, Dec 14, 2008.

1. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but i have the Shazam app for the iPhone installed on my iPhone, i am just wondering how this app works in terms of pricing.

I am from the UK, and the traditional method was to call 2580 (which cost something like 59p (around $1) to make the call, and then shazam would text you with the artist and title of the song.

How much does it cost me to use the Shazam App? i heard something about when the App first launched that it was free for a limited period only (was that to download it for free or actually use the service for free).
    Presumably the service is free if it only uses a data connection as the iPhone comes with an unlimited data plan on 02 iPhone contracts.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

It's totally free to use, it gets the information using the data connection so there are no extra costs involved.

3. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

4. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Completely free and just updated!! They say that it is add supported now, havent seen any on it yet thankfully!

5. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

6. emma621 macrumors newbie

Is there a reason I keep getting a "connection issue"? It says that my handset couldn't connect, but I'm connected to a wireless network and can do everything else perfectly fine.

7. stevearm macrumors 6502a

In case the OP needed a 5th confirmation... it's free.

8. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz