Shazam at Live Concert

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jellis, Sep 3, 2008.

1. jellis macrumors member

So I went to a Coldplay concert about a month ago and they had an opening band that my wife enjoyed but we did not know their name. I thought that it would be a long shot but I pulled out my phone and opened Shazam.

Sure enough it worked great and it was able to identify the song. I was amazed. Has anyone else done this or run into a similar situation?

2. craigverse macrumors 6502

craigverse

I was at bully's sports bar and grill and there was a song playing through the speakers, you could bearly hear it and my friends at our table couldn't figure out what song it was. I held up shazam hit tag and BOOM we got it! It was some 80s song. :]

Love that app!

3. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

Same here. Was getting my son's hair cut and could barely make out a song playing on the overhead and it was able to tell me what it was. Also on the car radio outside of the city where the radio was fading in and out and had noise on it, it worked.

4. a27 macrumors regular

5. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I had some friends try singing to it but it didn't work. I think someone recommended Midomi (?) for that.

6. Libitina macrumors 6502

Libitina

I used it yesterday to try to get a song on 'professional masterchef' (the part with the announcement of the winner), but it didn't recognise it :(

First time it's not found a song for me.

7. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

No way! A concert! Can't wait. Loved the show.

[​IMG]