shazam

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bw1128, Jul 5, 2010.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

so ive had shazam for two years and since i got the iphone4 it updated the shazam software, but now i can have unlimited tags. the app thinks that i just got the program, but thats not true. what can i do?:confused:

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Are you sing the same account? mine is still unlimited from when I got it long ago

3. NocturnalEVO macrumors member

my shazam did the same thing. I 've had shazam since iPhone 2G, same account and everything. And now im limited to 5 a month?!

4. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Same :mad:

5. NocturnalEVO macrumors member

if u read the reviews in the app store on the free version of Shazam, everyone is complaining about the same thing.

I'm going to try SoundHound. THey hvae a free version which has unlimited tags I believe.

6. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, pay for it :D
    Thats the only way.

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

They pulled a fast one on us current users. When the app went from free to paid, they allowed current customers to continue using it for free. I'm guessing our grace period just ran out... Still, I wish they would've send out a notice or something.

9. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

wait for another $2.99 sale... Pretty lame there charging $5 for this app

10. DscrdngAllThght macrumors newbie

I had the same thing happen when I updated it yesterday. I'm now limited to 5 songs per month.

Those who had the same thing happen, did you also upgrade to the iPhone 4?

11. NocturnalEVO macrumors member

12. John T macrumors 68020

John T

No! Only 5! :mad:

13. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Yep. Pay for Soundhound instead. :cool:

14. King Luis macrumors 6502

are you guys re-downloading it from the phone or itunes or just syncing it and having your saved version on itunes load it on?

15. triptyx macrumors member

triptyx

Luis - I restored the iPhone 4 from a backup of the iPhone 3.

You'll notice that Shazam said they'd grandfather previous customers on their current device. Said nothing about allowing grandfathered use if you changed the device. Very lame, but there you have it.

In retaliation, I went and bought SoundHound. Same price, works faster, and has more features, including song lookup by lyrics and instant lyrics display for songs playing on the phone.

16. SLFGNR8 macrumors newbie

So I upgraded to an iPhone 4 from my 1G. Lost my Shazam grandfathering and wrote them about it. They responded that if I send them my receipt and UDID they would grandfather me back in.

This is all fine and good, I was very excited. HOWEVER, I have two iphones, both of which I upgraded, that use the same iTunes account. Shazam refused to update both! They said I could only get one updated.

I find this as really poor customer service and will be looking for other options, including of course going back to version 1.7.

17. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That you even had to send them a receipt is ridiculous. I haven't tried Shazam, since I upgraded to an iPhone 4, but if it doesn't work, it's getting deleted.

18. garminaddict macrumors newbie

This is such BS. Shazam was one of the first apps I downloaded. Updated when I got the iPhone 4 and this is what happens.

Of course, they don't tell you that you'll lose unlimited on the app page.

19. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

Shazam is dead. They totally screwed people. It used to be one of my favorite apps.

Go to SoundHound. It's waaaay better then Shazam and has more features.