Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smtevo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
I am going to start my new iPhone 4 from fresh and want to keep the Shazamm app tho because now you have to pay for it and I am grandfathered in on the free one. Is there any way to get this back without restoring the phone from backup?

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
I am going to start my new iPhone 4 from fresh and want to keep the Shazamm app tho because now you have to pay for it and I am grandfathered in on the free one. Is there any way to get this back without restoring the phone from backup?

Only if you have it on itunes. Shazamm limits how many songs you can look up with the free version. can't remember how many it is though.

firedogut

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2009
i also did a complete restore and set up my phone as a new one.
however i had shazamm in iTunes and used that to sync with the phone. I still have a no limit in tagging.

mysterion

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
I haven't used Shazam in a long time. I didn't notice the new limit, so I went to test it out. I had this app downloaded way back in 2008 when the App Store launched. I'm tagging songs, I'm 9/9 for right now, and it's still going without limits. I set up my iPhone 4 as a new iPhone too.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
i'm still using an older version of shazam since before they put a cap and ads on it.
i thought if you had purchased it when it was free, you would be upgraded to the current version, you would be grandfathered in to the paid version without the 5 song limit?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.