She Bragged About TV On Her Verizon Brick

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lilnyc, May 4, 2008.

1. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

My friend tried to show me her copycat Verizon phone, "Look, it plays TV. No really." I didn't say anything because I am not impressed.

I had a phone that I could sling my TV to, and I never used it except to show that feather off once in a while. Unless there's an emergency and the phone still works, so what??

The few shows I record are on my iPhone via EyeTV. Aren't we in the DVR age? She reminds me of the friend who bragged about how many CDs she owned. Of course she didn't have an iPod, making that bragging right obsolete.

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

What are CDs? Is that something like Blu-ray Discs?

I really don't get where Verizon comes up with some of its gimmicks. The only way I watch videos on the iPhone most of the time is stuff I have seen before and ripped from DVD. The fact that the iPhone literally is the best iPod ever made kinda trumps all that stuff. Anybody remember how long that ESPN mobile stuff lasted?

One thing that intrigues me is this WebApp that has radio stations. It's a pretty popular one whose name escapes me. I tried it on the EDGE network and couldn't get it to work for more than 5 seconds, but it's pretty flawless on WiFi. If something like that works on 3G, satellite radio may die very quickly.

3. stekerrod macrumors regular

a mate of my mate was showing off her samsung touch screen effort saying things like 'look it has a touch screen!', iPhone came out of my pocket and she tried telling me it was as good as the iPhone......off course it is love....whatever helps you sleep at night!

4. impact_blue macrumors regular

:rolleyes: You guys just proved the saying that iphone users think they're better than everyone else.

This thread was pointless.

5. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

satellite wouldnt die unless howard stern started doing internet shows...

i only WISH my iphone would get sirius, THEN i would be in heaven.. my music, a phone, pictures, videos, intenet AND HOWARD.. yep, i'd be happy.. but i cant even afford the stilletto right now

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

7. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I think you're talking about FlyTunes.
    And it works fine for me on EDGE. I actually sometimes plug the iPhone into my car stereo and listen to it while driving around.

8. Noumenon macrumors regular

AT&T has or will have soon mobile T.V.,... so with 3G iPhone it should be there.

Howard is infantile. There, I said it.

9. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

You my friend ared just as bad as your friend. iPhone is great but you know what? It has room for improvement. Though I ain't in american I am sure that this 'brick' is the same.

Just shrug, say "yea that is pretty cool." and walk away and stop acting so full.

And yes. I love the iPhone to death.

10. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

but they are :D

silly not to have an iPhone ;)

11. jouster macrumors 65816

Is there even the slightest hint of a point to this thread?

12. BongoBanger macrumors 68000

BongoBanger

No, not really.

13. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

yes but not all threads need a point. some people use forums to rant.

he/she wants to feel better about about his/her phone. thats fine. let them. maybe if he/she expressed it was a rant it might have been better

but i do agree on one point verizons UI sucks and it locks you into things you dont want. including mobile media.

ps. GET UP AND GO
    GET UP AND GO

oh i wish i had a sil80