Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bassproguy07

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Katy, TX
ok so I am pretty sure my girlfriend finds my obsession with all things mac a little weird. It all started when I started getting this look when I got my 3g, you know the look. Any other guys out there get this from their girlfriends?? I try toexplain to her that my obsession with all things mac is like her obsession with shoes, but she still doesn't understand what is so great about an iPhone or a MacBook. I am pretty sure I'm not the only one but I thought I would post and see.

bassproguy07

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Katy, TX
Not every one will understand strong interest in a particular thing(s)

*Noted where you list you live, do you by chance know Renée O'Connor?

no I do not, is she someone I should know of?? Katy is small butnot that small so you don't really know everyone. I agree that not everyone will understand a particular interest in things but you would think that someone with a similar obsession(shoes) might understand. Idk why it bothers me but it just does!

bassproguy07

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Katy, TX
I know renee zeleweger is from here and has family here but she bashes our town, saying people care more about their pigs than they do themselves. She's not well liked around here but she's the only one that I k ow of famous wise that is from. Here. Yao Ming lives here somewhere as well as some other baskeball stars.

FoxInSox

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
Hi There

Sorry you're going through this. Is she kind of young? (20's) I think you will find women will embrace your hobby as long as it isn't too obsessive. When my guy gets into all his stuff I just have my time as well. Sometimes younger girls just crave a little more attention from guys.......

JMO...........Best Wishes:D:D:D

yrsonicdeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
My fiance has just as much mac stuff as i do.

I have a macbook pro, she has a macbook.

I have a 16gb 3g, she has a 8gb 3g.

I have an Airport Extreme, she has an Express.

We also both have ipods.

Maybe I got lucky, but we do part ways in other areas such as my obsession with bicycles although she does go on rides with me.

FoxInSox

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
We have about the same amount of stuff too, but he knows how to troubleshoot everything and I have NO CLUE <<CLUELESS>> So he told me to switch my itunes to my laptop and it just screwed the whole thing up.

And then when I tried to delete the podcasts I listened to, it deleted them all. I guess I should set it to delete them after they've been listened to if I can even figure out that.

I'm just aggravated because all our music is integrated now. I had my own playlist. And since switching to my laptop it's gone.:(:(:(

I'm not very computer savvy:mad::mad::apple::apple:

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
the shoes and purses analogy worked like a charm on my girlfriend. I explained to her how this is no different than her need to have a different pair of shoes and a matching purse for every single occasion and she understood lol. Plus i got her an iphone 3G as a gift and she loves it, so now she kind of understands and lets me be, otherwise i'll just point out the 50+ pairs of shoes in her closet :D

FoxInSox

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who has at least 50 pairs of shoes. Ok well you guys aren't reading my posts. And I need to head off to work. Or maybe I should say, you're reading them but they're not interesting enough to respond to..........:(:(:(

ayzee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Try to get her to use your iPhone and mac a little more. I gave my GF my original iPhone and she loves it now. Listening to music, taking/viewing pictures, text messaging etc. She is beginning to use my iMac more and more now too.

Also my 2 year old daughter loves using my iPhone, watching Kids TV shows and playing games. She actually knows how to navigate it pretty well! I guess im turning my whole family into technology g33ks :)

FoxInSox

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2008
Yeah I got my iPod for our anniversary. At first I wasn't sure I would like it, but now I love it. My daughter calls it her iPod. She's only 2 1/2

Hey Ayzee........Is there anything I can put on the iPod that is fairly long that's free that my daughter would like? It has the video. I guess i'll have to browse the podcasts. It just seemed like everything was so short..........just a few minutes. And if i'm going to pay i'd rather just get a dvd.

Is the iPhone similar to the iPod?

Sideonecincy

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2003
Try explaining to someone why you'd pay $200 for a pair of shoes that you hardly wear. I get more people saying I'm weird because of the money I spend on clothes and shoes than on electronics and computers.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Try explaining to someone why you'd pay $200 for a pair of shoes that you hardly wear. I get more people saying I'm weird because of the money I spend on clothes and shoes than on electronics and computers.

But in a way, that's not really so weird. Ask me how often I, a student, wear my suits. Ask me why I own 2 suits. Same with dress shoes. I started wearing them more often recently because I need to, but for the 4 years before that, I only wore them twice a year.

ayzee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Yeah I got my iPod for our anniversary. At first I wasn't sure I would like it, but now I love it. My daughter calls it her iPod. She's only 2 1/2

Hey Ayzee........Is there anything I can put on the iPod that is fairly long that's free that my daughter would like? It has the video. I guess i'll have to browse the podcasts. It just seemed like everything was so short..........just a few minutes. And if i'm going to pay i'd rather just get a dvd.

Is the iPhone similar to the iPod?

My daughter is 2 1/2 too :)
All the videos she watches on the iPhone are her DVD films and cartoons, and a few iTunes stuff that ive bought. The only childrens programs I see that are free are podcasts, but yea they are really short like 1min long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.