Sheep + LED = Art

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iSamurai, Mar 20, 2009.

1. iSamurai macrumors 65816

iSamurai

2. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

3. Eanair macrumors 6502

Eanair

I think that the foundation is most likely real, but it was tweaked to get the desired continuous semi-clean effect.

To break it down by sections:

1. The huge walking sheep.

I'm a bit in doubt regarding the legs. While there could have been black dogs that just blended in with the black sheep, it didn't appear that there was anyone (dog or human) herding the sheep that composed the legs. Maybe there were originally and created too much visual clutter, so they were edited out? Maybe there were separate shots of herds all pieced together in the end? The body I can buy, and also the head. Near the end of the section, the head kinda begins to break apart by the eyes and ear and the different color sheep start mixing, so that seems like a real thing.

2. The pong game.

I don't see why this couldn't be done. A family member does sheep herding with border collies, and this seems feasible. Again, perhaps some rebellious sheep that broke from the crowd were edited out, but other than that, I don't see this as something not feasible.

3. The Mona Lisa

It would take a LOT of time to do, but this again seems feasible. Put the sheep where you want them, in a small pen that doesn't allow for them to scatter or move about too much, and with the right light colors, I think this could be done. I assume you probably need to know what you're doing to make the transition from the sheep picture to the Mona Lisa fragment, but if Samsung was footing the bill, I don't see why not. Perhaps some panels were touched up, but this doesn't seem like something totally out of the realistic realm either. A LOT of time, a LOT of patience, but if you were either seriously bored or paid, I don't see why it couldn't be done.

4. The fireworks

I kinda feel the same about the fireworks as the giant sheep. There might have been separate composite herds edited together in the end, and/or rebellious sheep edited out, but if you do it in small parts I think it could be done. I think there probably many outtakes and it wasn't done in one continuous shot, like the giant sheep bit too.

Regardless of if it's real or not (or how much is real), and even though it's basically a huge marketing viral video for Samsung, I still think it's rather clever and amusing.

Baaa!

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I thought it was pretty cool. Get the right dogs and people and anything is possible...