Sheep Shaver Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Registering=BAD, May 21, 2008.

1. Registering=BAD macrumors newbie

I have been reading that sheep shaver runs at full speed and stuff. I have a 2.8Ghz iMac with 4Gb of ram and I am trying to run games on sheep shaver such as Dark Forces and they all lag.

Anybody know a solution or whats going on?

2. molokaicreeper macrumors newbie

I need a bit of help too

I need a reliable Mac OS emulation because Classic does a horrid job in some games. Such is the case of Return To Zork. Right now I am better off running the DOS version under DOSBOX, but I rather have the astounding graphics from the Mac version.

My screen goes white when I try to run the Mac version.

I do not see a Panther version of SheepShaver I hope someone can come forward with a Panther (10.3.9) version.

3. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

I am going to just buy a crappy G3 iMac for $300. With a 1.25GHz processor and 1GB of RAM it will run Mac OS 9.2.2 and Panther 10.3.9 pretty well. I just want to play some old games. Remember this site? http://mac.the-underdogs.info/

4. Registering=BAD thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea. I actually have some old G3s hooked up in the garage (I don't have room elsewhere). The reason I wanted to use sheepshaver was because:
    A. I'd prefer to not play in my garage
    B. They are getting kinda unreliable.
    C. They don't have internet (so I would have to transfer all the files manually)

Oh well (I din't even remember posting this until I got an E-mail message reply).

Oh hey John Doe 57, and here are some lesser known Classic Games I used to have (which are available on the site) I and really enjoyed:

Battletanks
    SimTower
    Bonkheads Deluxe

By the way ignore the ratings; it seems overwhelmed with spam.