Sheepshaver CD-ROM to appear on desktop?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jrsx, Dec 22, 2013.

1. jrsx macrumors 65816

jrsx

Hi. I am running Mac OS 9 in sheepshaver, is there a way to make CD-ROMs show up on the desktop of Mac OS 9? I have some old classic software that I would like to use, but I can't figure out how to make them show up on the sheepshaver desktop. Thanks!

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I believe you have to specify that the drive exists and provide a link to a dmg for it. I don't think you can just insert a CDROM, but I may be wrong.

3. jrsx thread starter macrumors 65816

jrsx

How can I specify that yes, my computer does have a physical CD drive, in SheepShaver?

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, the old way was editing a configuration file (it was a text file). Based on what I've seen lately there's some sort of app that allows you to mod the configuration file from a GUI.

The site you downloaded Sheepshaver from should have more information.

I haven't really fooled with Sheepshaver since about 2007.

5. jrsx thread starter macrumors 65816

jrsx

Hmmm, I can't seem to find anything anywhere on the web, or the website I got SheepShaver from (e-maculation). Do you have any idea what .txt file I could create and where to put it? Also when I put the CD in the drive and start sheepshaver, it says disk is unreadable and asks to initialize it. I think that its seeing it as a hard disk.