Shell Case that fits new power cable?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chonald, Jun 6, 2010.

1. chonald macrumors newbie

It seems like this question has not been completely answered yet.

I just purchased a new 15inch Macbook Pro. Upon opening it, the first thing I did was drop my alarm clock on it. This put a little dent on the top front behind the screen. Doh!

This made me realize that maybe I should pick up a hardshell case to prevent anymore dents. But, upon investigation, there are no hardshell cases that fit the magsafe cable.

Or is this not true? Are there brands besides Speck and incase that would fit the new MBP?

Also, would anyone know if I could return my MBP for a new one without a dent? I've only had it for around 5 days.

Thanks guys.

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

At this point in time, no hardcases exist to fit the new magsafe cable. I have heard that speck is going to release a newly designed case to fit the new magsafe, but I cannot give you a timeframe. I do not advise that you return the MBP, because you damaged it; it is not Apple's fault that your alarm clock fell on it. Just learn to live with an imperfect MBP and trust me, the sun will come up tomorrow.

3. roxygal9 macrumors regular

I have the new 2010 MBP 13 in with a incase hard shell. The new magsafe connector does fit but barely. However if u turn it around it fits fine, and it only blocks the ethernet port, i can still use my usb ports if it is plugged in. I suppose I could file like I have seen others do, but it really isnt that big of a deal and the case is awesome as well as protects it very well.

4. = bluntman = macrumors regular

I modded my Incase Hard Shell to fit the new mag-safe power connector.

5. chonald thread starter macrumors newbie

bluntman, could you share with pictures? it's a question of if it is worth the wait or if it is worth the modification.

6. Philscbx macrumors regular

Philscbx

Sounds like it's a trip to HomeDepot.
    At twenty thousand RPM, Dremel can cut / shape anything.

7. ramzhh macrumors regular

Actually there's a guy here that posted a thread on how his Clear Speck hardshell perfectly fits the new magsafe, no guarantees tho.

8. kr4yzi3 macrumors newbie

Here is my hard case, found it over eBay last week. It fits with the new MagSafe.

Attached Files:

9. chonald thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for sharing, kr4yzi3.

can you let me know how you changed the case? are you happy with the case? good fit, etc...

10. Pillar macrumors 6502

Pillar

macrumors, is the new magsafe safe to turn around that way? is it made to do that?

thank you

11. ammusk macrumors regular

It doesn't make a difference.

12. Pillar macrumors 6502

Pillar

thank you