Shell for 15" MacBook Pro Retina

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by swwack91, Nov 2, 2012.

1. swwack91, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012

swwack91 macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I'm in the market for a hard shell case for my MacBook Pro Retina (15"). I can't seem to find many besides the Speck one. Are there any others on the market that I'm missing?

Also, does anyone know the difference between the SeeThru and SmartShell Speck models?

Thanks!

2. BruceiD macrumors member

I've got the Kuzy Black Hard case (from amazon, they shipped international, since I live in Belgium and it arrived very early!)
    Anyways I bought that one because it was fairly cheap so I figured, why not..
    http://www.amazon.com/Kuzy-MacBook-...887633&sr=8-2&keywords=kuzy+macbook+15+retina
    It even came with a keyboard cover!
    Anyways the case is nice but I'm warning you, if you take the black version, be aware that you're going to see fingerprints all around it ;-)
    It has a very nice matte feel to it and it fits perfectly around my Retina Macbook Pro.
    The only concern are the fingerprints but since the case is so cheap, I'm able to get myself a second case (a red or orange one, not sure yet) and after that I will have payed the same as if I would have bought 1 speck case ;-)

I can recommend their cases ;-)

3. swwack91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the suggestion, but I ended up going with the mCover. It's even cheaper than the one you suggested and has higher user reviews.

I'll let you know what it's like when it comes!

4. BruceiD macrumors member

Okay you can update me with your own little review since I'm in the market for buying another one!

5. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

I like the Worldshopping one in dark gray, because it looks like a dark grey Smart Cover/Case:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. iAco macrumors regular