Shell loose on MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Tyler23, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Hi all,

Bought a Macbook Air a few months back to replace my aging MBP. Love everything about it so far, but one small concern.

Whenever I pick up the MBA, It almost feels like the bottom of the computer, the casing, is slightly loose, it feels like something moves when I put my hand under it and lift.

I know this sounds crazy, but just wondering if anyone experiences a similar thing, or if I should take it in to get looked at and possibly tightened if necessary..

Thanks!

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

Same here. The body is so thin that it can bend in slightly.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

New 13" here and I still can't get over how much lighter it is in the MBPro it replaced. I do not feel like anything is loose when I pick it up. If you got any doubts, you might want to drop it by the Apple store to let them see.

4. Tyler23 thread starter macrumors 603

Tyler23

I'll check when I get home to see if that's what it is..could be possible I suppose!

My wife thinks I'm crazy and that I try to find issues :cool:, but I can not only feel it but hear it when I pick it up. Some part of the bottom of the MBA is moving when I pick it up.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Let us all know. I do not see the bottom flexing as everything is crammed in the thin shell with no space to spare. Maybe a screw or two did not get fully torqued when they put it together.

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

the bottom of my gfs mba flexes in and out at the slightest touch and makes a popping sound.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

11" or 13".

I am squeezing my 13" MBA and nothing is flexing or loose that I can feel and I am pushing on it pretty hard.:apple:

8. Tyler23 thread starter macrumors 603

Tyler23

This seems to be it. I can push in the middle of the bottom of the MBA and it flexes in and out, causing the sound that I was hearing.

Seems a few of you have this, so it's not just me..but is this normal? Maybe the metal is just to thin that this comes with the territory. If it seems like it might be defective though, I'd definitely get it checked out..

Anyone else?

9. Meister Suspended

Meister

a bunch of people have this. just google it.
    i am to lazy to go to the :apple: store because of petty BS like this.
    as long as the macbook works there is no defect. :apple: might even refuse to fix it.