She'll say everything but "I like you".

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iLikeToDrum, May 9, 2012.

1. iLikeToDrum macrumors member

I'm interesting.. funny.. nice to talk too.. Whatever.... I wanna know if you actually flat out like me.

I've been talking to a really nice girl, who I have a lot in common with. It's pretty new. We met about a month ago and didn't start actually talking till a week ago.

We've developed a lot, and I think the feeling is mutual, but she will not flat out admit it.

What should I be doing here???

2. Confuzzzed macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

Lunge! Just go for the kiss. If she doesn't like you that way, at least you will know

3. shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

I think she is waiting for you to say it first.

4. iLikeToDrum thread starter macrumors member

I did, that's when I asked to hear back and she just said I was interesting and fun to talk too.

I called her out saying she has a hard time admitting she likes someone.

5. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

There goes the liking part. :D

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

She didn't say she didn't like you. Either go for a kiss or ask her out on a date (make it clear it's a date). It's the ones you don't go for that you look back on and kick yourself...

7. marc11 macrumors 68000

Well if you are in third grade you could write her a "i like you, do you like me" note asking her to check a yes or no box; if you are in high school you could ask your friend to ask her friend if she likes you; if you are a man skip this crap of asking her if she likes you and just ask her out on a date. If she accepts she is interested. If she declines she is not and wants to be a friend.

Annoying het and "calling her out" over her saying she likes you makes you seem egotistical and juvenile, not to mention aggressive and probably will just push her away.

I have never asked a girl if she likes me; if I am interested I just ask her out period!

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Ask her out. If she says "no", then you know your answer.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

10. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Excellent post.

I am struck by your use of the expression 'calling her out' in such a context; if anyone had tried that on me, irrespective of whether I liked them or not, I'd tell them to grow up and get a grip on themselves, and to get lost. needless to say, the length of time I wanted them to get lost would have depended on how much I liked them.

If she likes you, it is for her to tell you that she does, at a time of her choosing, not for you to demand such an acknowledgement when you want to hear it.

Short and sweet and succinct. Agree.

Perhaps you would prefer something like the account I read recently which described an early relationship in the life of the man who went on to become POTUS. Apparently, a somewhat similar situation arose. When his then girlfriend told him that she loved him, he replied with the courteous distance that is one of his trademarks, "Thank you".

11. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

You don't want to come across as the insecure male who has to be reassured by the female in the relationship. It's not that hard to tell if someone likes you by how they respond and interact with you. If you like her then pursue your feelings in a respectful and fun way with dates, good conversation, affection, etc.. If she doesn't want to take the relationship where you want to take it then she will let you know at some point along the way.

You are always better off having tried, failed, and learned something as opposed to never having tried at all.

12. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

First, how old are you two? Age can sometimes make a difference with this. Second, if you have already told her your feelings but hasn't returned the same exact words, give her time. Especially if she is still continuing to see you and there hasn't been any change in her behavior. If there has been a change in her behavior in that she has been more withdrawn, then you have your answer. Confrontation is hard for some people. Also, you telling her how you feel may have scared her off since in her mind it is way too soon and because of that you have forced her to make a negative decision about you.

This is just my opinion. It's hard to give advice when I'm not in a dialogue with the other person. I've given many of my friends relationship advice. I have been in several long term and short term committed relationships and many that I considered to be just casually dating.

13. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

gold.

14. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I wouldn't ask her out until you've finished 6th grade.

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

**** her. Go invest time in some girl that won't play games with you.

16. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I just chuckled, good point. :p You don't want to start too early.

17. 'Bmac macrumors regular

I agree with jessica.! That girl is NOTHING but trouble and IF she WAS interested in you she WOULD NOT be acting like she was in year 3, she would give you all the signs of how much she likes you!

18. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

If mobilehaathi is correct, that's what kids do.

19. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Simple. Kiss her. If she kisses you back then you're green, if she pulls back or looks away or mumbles then you're red.

20. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I guess I'm one of the smart ones, my boyfriend is all three!

21. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I am all 3 of those as well as fat. That's a bonus for my wife.

22. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Why do you need to hear it? I can usually just tell, you either pull a girl in or you don't and you know when you do