Shell type case with built in stand?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Skystar, May 6, 2010.

1. Skystar macrumors 6502

Has anyone came across a shell type case with a built in stand function? I see that Scosche is making a kickstand style case but it looks super heavy duty, almost like a panasonic toughbook. I like the Hard Candy "Kick Stand" but not sure if it will stand up in landscape mode. Both aren't available yet. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Attached Files:

3. johnniewalker macrumors member

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

LOL

Great minds think alike there :)

Though the Scosche thing looks interesting. Shame is that so many companies are just now getting on board here.

For me, I want a case that will allow for vertical and horizontal use, and "desktop" use when using the keyboard in a horizontal position. The Cloak seems to do that well. Just not seeing how the Scosche kickBACK works in a vertical orientation. Also concerned how it will feel in the hand, and just how much more bulk it adds to the iPad.

5. Skystar thread starter macrumors 6502

The cloak looks great, but I like cases that keep the ipads whole front glass exposed. One thing I hated about the apple case was all the dust and dirt that would get stuck to the corners and out of reach. I replaced it with a Macally bookstand and now wiping down the front is much easier. But now I'm thinking I would like a shell type case instead. Decisions decisions!

6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Just back from a quick run to the Apple Store Fair Oaks to pick-up the last Apple iPad case they had. Will find out soon enough as to whether the negative reviews are spot on - or is this case the best overall solution for the iPad so far.

7. Skystar thread starter macrumors 6502

8. danterner macrumors member

This is the one I pre-ordered. MacMall expects to have it in stock next week.

9. Jkazmeyer macrumors regular

I've been looking for one for a while... I like the hard candy... But the kickstands seem flimsy.... Check out the otter box iPad case... They have 2 models.. I believe it's the commuter & the defender... The defender looks like you could run it over with a motorcycle & it would protect it... But yes it's kind of bulky... The commuter looks just right... & the kickstand doesn't look like it will break right off.... Not available yet... But I'll be ordering it as soon as it is....