Shells that suck, shells that don't?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fatima109, Nov 30, 2007.

1. fatima109 macrumors newbie

I'm so mad. I bought a red Speck case today for my 15" and it fit except for the lower front right corner, the snap of which sort of digs into my computer's side rather than clipping over it. I brought it back to the store and they said it was supposed to fit that way. I went home thinking I was wrong to think it was ill-fitting. Then, I thought to myself, "It's supposed to push into the computer? I think that guy's lying."

Anyone else have this problem?

Want to recommend THE best Macbook Pro case given that Speck is no longer on my radar?

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Although the Speck I bought was for a MacBook it fits quite nicely. I think he's mistaken though. It should fit just fine and the little tabs are supposed to clip over. Maybe the little rubber knobbies are offset or something like that is causing that one side.

Maybe since you just bought it ask for a replacement Speck and if not ask to see if another one fits differently (which would prove the one you have is probably warped) and then you will definitely get a replacement since yours would then be defective.

Be sure to ask another apple guy. That guy's obviously dumb.

Ohh and BTW I know 2 people IRL that have a MBP and a speck case and it fits just fine on theirs too (I just called one of them while typing this and he says it fits fine and that yours is probably warped).

3. fatima109 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much! Hopefully my computer is probably not the thing that's warped, but I doubt it. I'll bring it back tomorrow and hope that someone else is working there.

4. moloukhya macrumors regular

I had the same problem with the Speck case. I bought one from the apple store, and one from CompUSA and both exhibited this flaw.

After seeing so many positive reviews I was very disappointed in Speck. I called Speck, spoke with Franco and told him the problem. I was really impressed, he offered to test fit a case, make sure it was perfect, then overnighted it to me at no charge. Great customer service, and finally, a great case.

Try giving them a call?

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I've been real happy with my Speck, the ONLY complaint (more of a niggle) is that the mini-DVI port is shrouded just enough to make the adapter a little bit dicey on the fit. It says in place for the most part, but is pretty easily knocked out.

6. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

ep my black one fits the exact same way...

7. fatima109 thread starter macrumors newbie

Should I get a rubberized Techshell?

Rubberized: Y/N?

8. product26 macrumors 6502a

product26

i bought a black speck shell for my 15" MBP. I had the same problem, the front right clip did not fit right. it would slip off easily. There was an obvious problem with the mold that was filed/sanded/ground down on the outside right at the same location as the problem clip.

I returned it and will probably purchase the black rubberized techshell and cross my fingers.