Sherlock and Leopard.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by siz, Apr 13, 2008.

1. siz macrumors newbie

My my friend re-wrote sherlock for me for leopard (if you have interest ill send it to you) but i cannot get movies working its like its just broken, any help? :apple::apple::apple:

2. monty a macrumors newbie

Sherlock & Leopard

Yes, please send your re-written version of Sherock! Without Sherlock, Leopard is of No Use to me.

Thank you in advance,
    monty@di-no,com (comma used in place of period, for anti-spam purposes)

3. vincentyu macrumors newbie

4. bvkoski macrumors newbie

Sherlock and Leopard

Hi:
    Please forward me your Sherlock for Leopard. Thank you very much.
    bvkoski@comcast.net

5. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

6. Illicit macrumors 6502

7. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

This is a strange thread.

Why do you need sherlock if you have Spotlight and Dashboard. Makes no sense.

8. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

3 of the first 4 posters have posted only once. I am reminded of the (correct me if I am wrong!) 09 iWork that had a trojan/virus something in it that was being downloaded (bootleg copy)...
    I'm suspicious of the same occurring here...

9. monty a macrumors newbie

Leopard and Sherlock (more on the subject from the second poster)

Hello this is Monty. I am the first person to request the rewritten (recoded/ hacked) version of Sherlock from Siz. However, Siz never responded to my request. If anyone else gets a response from Siz, please let me know... I still need Sherlock and would like to be able to move forward with my operating system.

Illicit, you are correct, Sherlock has not been working in Leopard. It does still partially work in Tiger. There are those that still want or need Sherlock for various reasons; being able to use Sherlock in later systems certainly would help for obvious reasons. That is exactly why this thread was started.

Gretchen, it makes sense when you realize that not everyone has the same computing needs. My needs are for language translation on a level that Dashboard translators can not fulfill. I've spent days testing substitutes. I am an Apple sales representative, and more than 50% of people upgrading their systems won't go to Leopard, (a large portion because of Sherlock).

Nukem, a little fear now days is a healthy reaction. I hope the fact that my ability to respond quiets your fears some. On the other hand, I never got that hacked copy of Sherlock, so maybe you have something there! (hehehe. I suspect the reason Siz didn't respond is something other than a virus).

BTW, I 'm running Tiger on my MBP 2.5 / 4 / 320... It runs perfectly. monty

10. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

Yep - I still have tons of paranoia left over from my PC days...:eek:

11. ElectricSheep macrumors 6502

ElectricSheep

Watson still seems to work under Leopard, and the licenses are now free.

12. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

Right........... Sorry I don't buy statment that for a second. Especially with how many systems Apple has been selling as of late.

Additionally, your "Apple Sales Representative" status doesn't allow you to say that sort of thing because in lay terms and to put it bluntly, it badmouths apple products or apple partners, something your agreement with Apple does not allow.

I don't mean to get into a pissing contest here, but such statements are complete hogwash.

13. monty a macrumors newbie

Sherlock & Leopard

ElectricSheep - your Watson suggestion is brilliant. It is the perfect solution for many people. For those folks who do not know, Watson is an application that was in direct competition with Apple's Sherlock; what it does and how it performs is nearly identical. Except for Chinese translation, (which is my need) :-(

Siz - the "Movie" channel doesn't work on Watson either. I think the we source for that part of the application is gone. There are some pretty good widgets that display movie information.

Thanks again ElectricSheep... you have saved the day. I'm reposting the download link you so kindly sent.

Watson - http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/6773/watson

14. xp22 macrumors newbie

Can you pls send me the the re-worked sherlock version to me? agent.xp22@gmail.com

I really was disappointed with Apple for removing it. The best thing apple had going for them was that you could do things in your own way. many many ways to do the same thing.