She's Out of My League

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by longball11, Mar 21, 2010.

1. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

I just saw this movie today. It definitely isn't as bad as some of the critics make it out to be and what the trailers show. I really liked this movie because I feel like I can relate to it a little bit.

I couldn't take my eyes off of Alice Eve (Molly in the movie; Blonde). She was hot and very cute. I would have take this woman home to meet my parents the minute I knew her.

Good movie though. There is a lot of trash (sex-like) talk. A lot of young people like myself could understand and like it.

2. dangermou5e macrumors member

It was nothing special. Was the run-off-the-mill sort of average looking guy gets the insanely hot chick. It did have some LOLs, but yeah, nothing special....

3. longball11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

longball11

I think about this movie a lot. The reason being is because I am a college student about to graduate. Ive never had a girlfriend and Im not that bad looking. I would say a 7 fits me. I'm just trying to find the right girl. I've always wanted a girl like the character Molly in She's Out of My League. She's beautiful, kind, down to earth personality. She just seems so cool.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

So it's safe to say that you want a girl who's......out of your league?

I just googles for photos from the movie. This movie only looks funny because, in terms of looks alone, she actually isn't out of his league. :p

5. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Yeah, she seems kind of cookie cutter blonde to me. But different strokes I guess...

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, nothing to write home about.

7. ethical macrumors 68000

Eh? She's stunning!

Post a picture of a solid 10 then.....although each to his own and all that.

I thought it was pretty funny. Nothing amazed me but at the same time it was entertaining and I enjoyed it!

8. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

The girl: meh! I agree, typical hollywood blonde, nothing really special about her. I'm not saying she's not beautiful, it's just a boring beautiful.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

She is pretty, but not stunning or anything. She ranges from "the prettiest girl in English class", to just a "prettiest girl at the haunted house I work at" girl. :p

Just kidding. She's pretty, but I see beautiful women everywhere when I walk through the city. I wouldn't rate her higher than most of them.

10. ethical macrumors 68000

That's because thankfully God created lots of 10s!

11. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

12. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

I laughed hard during that movie. The sexual jokes and the goofy travel agent kid and his disney fairy tale references were funny as well. As for the girl, I will agree with some of the guys that she as just a run of the mill blonde actress.

13. ethical macrumors 68000

Just because she's a run of the mill blonde actress doesn't mean she's not a smokin' hottie. The majority of run of the mill blonde actresses are smokin' hotties...in fact, it's got a lot to do with why they are actresses. To name just a few:

Sienna Miller (!!!)
    Jennifer Aniston
    Cameron Diaz
    Diane Kruger
    Elisha Cuthbert
    Jennifer Holland
    Amy Smart
    Scarlett Johansson - only kidding. eugh.

Heck, just look at the celebrity crushes thread.

14. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

You say eww to Scarlett yet you have Cameron Diaz in the upper part of list?:eek::confused:

15. ethical macrumors 68000

Absolutely. See below for details...

Cameron Diaz:
    [​IMG]

Scarlett Jo-whatonearthisshedoinginthenewironmanmovietheycouldhavefoundsomeonesomuchhotter-son:

[​IMG]

---

only joking. obviously i wouldn't say no. (to scarlett, not the dudette above)

16. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I haven't seen that movie yet. The rubber noses? My wife really wants to see it.

17. longball11 thread starter macrumors 6502a

longball11

I don't understand how she is just another typical blonde. I may be infatuated with her because she is new to me. But I go to a school with wicked hot women. It just seems they just want to use you, screw you then say bye bye. I just feel that Molly in this movie was an hot women who actually respects and gives the average joe a better chance at love with them. It gives me hope...

18. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So no worries. Enjoy your crush. :)

19. canes960 macrumors 6502

I thought it was pretty good. Not as funny as I would have like

20. ethical macrumors 68000

I wondered the same thing. The Molly character seems like a perfect (but non-existent) woman. But then I realised there is an element of maturing that takes places between the age of being at uni and wanted to shag everything that moves, and being in your late twenties/early thirties and wanting a serious relationship.

I'm sure there are more than enough women like Molly out there... you're just not at the right stage in life for them to be your direct female contact.

I don't even know if what I just said makes sense.... but it does in my head.

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Fact of life...

We all want the alphas, and overlook so many extremely worthy betas. If we could only manage to have more realistic expectations, there'd be a lot more people having sex... er... I mean... experiencing fulfilling relationships.

22. nate13 macrumors 6502

nate13

gotta set standards! haha. but aiming high isnt a bad thing, if you can find fulfillment if all your criteria aren't met.

&, Cameron Diaz > 99% women alive/passed. I dont think she would've been believable in this movie though, because of this fact.

23. ethical macrumors 68000

I agree. In this instance her crazy level of hotness is a curse. I can relate to that....

24. AppleLover9o macrumors regular