SHIELD iPhone 3G CASE

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rich9993, Jul 30, 2009.

1. rich9993 macrumors newbie

rich9993

I had a Digifocus-Tough Shell bought on Amazon.com before, but the quality was poor.

The design is really weird and it doesn’t fit my iPhone at all.
    [​IMG]

Every time I touch it, I left my finger on it.
    There is no non-slip design on the back of the shell, and the surface is easily scratched. It got dull after using for a while.

[​IMG]

It looks clumsy when putting it on.
    [​IMG]

Digifocus shell makes my iPhone even thicker; when wearing jeans, I can’t even put my iPhone in my pocket.

So, I did the research again on Amazon, then I found SHIELD Polycarbonate Slim Fit Case. There are a lot of positive comments about it.

It contains a hard case and a swipe cloth for cleaning finger prints.
    [​IMG]

Smooth edge and great ergonomic design with leather paint give a sure grip and don’t leave any finger prints.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can see the elaborate designs and excellent quality from every angle, and it’s integrated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It leaves 2 holes for my cell phone straps, a pretty thoughtful design.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If someone asks for my recommendations of iPhone protecting case, I would definitely say SHIELD. The minimal, soft-touch and thin design with fully protection are the reasons why I love it. I would say that is the best protecting case for iPhone I’ve ever seen so far.

Moreover, the best product doesn’t have to be the most expensive one; I think I found the perfect one for my iPhone, I hope you do, too.

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

It looks like a thicker version of the SGP Ultra thin, or an Incipio with a hole in it.

PS
    What the hell is with asians and tassels on cell phones?

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

4. jacobgaul macrumors regular

lol'n all over the floor :D:D:D:D:D

5. MemoryMapped macrumors newbie

hahah got'em, coach.

6. smarter macrumors member

Looks like a copy of the Moshi iGlaze 3g

I have a Moshi iGlaze 3g and I love this case.

http://www.moshimonde.com/products2.asp?UPLF1=15&PDLS1=31

Yours looks like the Taiwanese ripoff of this case. If it's just as good as the Moshi (no scratches on the case and iPhone, perfect fit, still looks as new after 4 months) you will enjoy your case.

mine:

[​IMG]

7. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

8. rich9993 thread starter macrumors newbie

rich9993

This one launched before moshi's:cool:, you shouldn't say something you don't know.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GI9DSK/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p23_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0E6Y2TA5A4J502BA4AHW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938131&pf_rd_i=507846This is where I bought from:D

9. redcrow240 macrumors member

I have this shield case. I bought it off of amazon earlier this year. Its my favorite case that i own. It leaves a sliver of the chrome bezel around the phone, giving it a halo effect. I put a piece of spare anti glare protector i had to cover the apple logo. Its not meant to protect the phone from drops i imagine, only to protect the back from scratches. I just throw it in my empty jeans pocket and im a happy camper ;). This case along with my steinheil anti glare front protector, makes the phone very anti-smudge yet ultra thin.

I bought the misses a similar "case", but from a company called gogo. they had it in pink, which she wanted. Very similar to the shield but the volume rocker cut is straight down instead. Both brands paint their cases all the way (including the inside) and have some sort of grip coating.

PS- for those curious I also own a gunmetal incase slider but it makes the phone feel very bulky in comparison.

10. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

It doesn't protect enough of the phone. If your going to use a bulky ugly piece of plastic case it should at least cover the entire phone.

11. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

Considering that I just got an email about 2 days ago from this company looking for resellers, I'd guess that this is a post from them.

I've elected not to sell as a)there are a lot of cases that are like this out there and b)their shipping rate from taiwan or whatever is too high for me to compete with resellers selling them for $9 on Amazon.

12. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I fail to understand why a case would have a cutout so people can see the Apple logo while at the same time allowing more dust and junk to get in between. :confused:

If you like it though, more power to ya.

13. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

Some cases include a circle of screen protector like material to solve this problem. All the cases I sell with holes have these.