Shield like cases wont stay on 3GS's screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mawsoccer, Aug 11, 2009.

1. mawsoccer macrumors member

I have an invisible shield fully body on my 3GS.

I put it on perfectly but after a few days the front piece starts getting stuff under it and peeling and was way out of place. I wanted it to remain perfect so I pretty much let it sit for 3 days before putting it in a pocket or anything but it still started to peel days after it was exposed to my pockets.

Zagg sent me a replacement and I put it on last night.

First of all, pulling the old one off was like peeling the shield from its backing. (Thanks to the oleophobic screen of course?)

But... that coating is probably the same reason it peels so easily and get stuff under it in the first place.

I let the phone sit overnight without touching it for about 18 hours before putting it in my pocket, but it already started peeling at the bottom (thats where the other one started too).

I don't want any dust getting under there and wearing off the coating or anything like that and I don't want it peeling and or getting scratched. I don't know what to do.

Anyone else having issues with ISs or other similar shield like cases on the front of their 3GS?

2. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

I have full Invisible Shield coverage everywhere but my screen, for the screen I've been using the Power Support line of films and they work perfectly with no issues at all. My mother, myself, and 2 friends of mine all use power support crystal film on their iPhone 3GS's and none are reporting issues. I didn't want the Zagg shield on my screen because it has an orange peel effect and grips on your finger, as opposed to the power support crystal film which looks and feels like glass, like there is nothing there.

3. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

my invisible shield for screen is perfect. the one for back is on all the way and I had it for about two weeks, but it was a mission to get it right.

4. idunk macrumors member

I have heard problems about it, but haven't experienced it personally.
    It works for some better than others, and I think the reason would be the coating.