Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
CD7C1839-839E-4806-BFC2-4E80496860C3.jpeg
I have an iPhone 8 and all the screen protectors I’ve tried won’t stick on both sides. I was told my screen is defective because of this. Do you think this could be true?

Last edited:

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
View attachment 833779 I have an iPhone 8 and all the shields I’ve tried won’t stick on both sides. I was told my screen is defective because of this. Do you think this could be true?
It’s called a screen protector.

Some do and some don’t. It depends on the quality, manufacturer, and fit/finish.

There’s and entire subforum within the iPhone forum discussing them.

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2017
It’s called a screen protector.

Some do and some don’t. It depends on the quality, manufacturer, and fit/finish.

There’s and entire subforum within the iPhone forum discussing them.

I’ve tried a few different brands and none will stick all the way around.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I’ve tried a few different brands and none will stick all the way around.
I went through a crap load of different tempered screen protectors before I found one that would adhere properly to my 6S years ago.. I have chosen to not use one on my X and after a year and a half I haven’t had any noticeable scratches. I actually prefer the way the screen feels without a protector installed. One thing to note is I’m very careful with my phone and clean the screen every couple of days to make sure no debris builds up that could cause scratches..

Reactions: akash.nu

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
Some phones I put screen protectors on do this. No matter how many times and I try again it always ends up like this.

And then comes the next, same model phone and same type of screen protector and it comes out perfect.

I think it has to do something with the curvature of the display glass.

Other times phones are bent and that’s why the screen protector won’t adhere properly, but that’s probably not the case with you.

supergt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2019
Get the the edge to edge protector that has a black frame. This takes away the "halo" effect. Amazon has a few for cheap.

supergt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2019
What’s a good brand?

I got the Manto full coverage tempered glass screen protector. Application was quick and easy with no halo effect due to the black frame around the edge. Very pleased with the product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.