Shift-Click Restore problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Goroke, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Goroke macrumors member

It doesn't work on my computer...at all. It ticks me off since I'm so close from jailbreaking my 2G. fyi, My computer is a Vista x64.

I already tried...
    • Running iTunes as Admin
    • Held Shift for more than 5 seconds and clicked
    • Reinstalled the iTune / Updated it (<-Which I did unintentionally...)
    • Tried different button sequences (Ctrl, tab, alt, etc)

2. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Does holding down a keyboard key and pressing the mouse button work in other applications? Are you using a wireless (RF, Bluetooth, etc...) keyboard/mouse?

3. Joetang macrumors member

maybe it has something to do with you upgrading to 8.1?

did you follow all the other steps right? maybe you can't shift-click cause there's nothing to shift-click to?

can i post links to different forums here? i found a great one on another site that helped me JB my Touch in like 10-15 minutes. I think it'll help you out alot

4. Goroke thread starter macrumors member

The shift button works, I'm not using any special keyboards (Using a laptop), and from the look of all the videos and tut I saw, you don't need anything special to Shift+Click Restore.
    ---
    This problem was present before 8.1 and it also has nothing to do with previous steps for jailbreaking since it doesn't require anything to change your itune (most likely). The problem is most likely present among Vista users.

5. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Try shift-clicking on your laptop using a USB mouse. Don't try to do it with the trackpad. It might be that the I/O with the keyboard/trackpad only allows for a couple of inputs at a time and it's not allowing the shift and the click to both register at once.