Shift Worker - Manage your Work Roster or Schedule

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by shiftworkerapp, Oct 25, 2010.

1. shiftworkerapp macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've been planning to share this app with you all for a while but have held off due to a website redesign and an important update to the app itself. If you access the Australian, Canadian or UK App Store, you've probably seen it hovering around the top 10 in the Productivity category.

The app is called "Shift Worker", and the aim is to provide you with an easy way to manage your work roster or schedule through a visual calendar and quick entry system.

Rather than explain further, i'll point you to a few links where you can read more info or (hopefully) download Shift Worker for yourself or forward it to someone you know who may benefit. I've had some quite positive feedback so far, but would certainly value any further comments here. Thanks in advance! :)

iTunes Download Link
    Shift Worker Website
    Youtube Video Demo
    Twitter Account
    Facebook Page

2. Scooby4355 macrumors newbie

Very useful, brought this the other day. Perfect for my 12hr shift pattern.

3. shiftworkerapp thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to hear Scooby, the rotation/pattern feature was one of the major improvements that I wanted to get out before sharing it here.

4. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I purchased this aapp today and it seems promising, I just wish there was a way I could add 2 shifts in one day as I often work doubles and extra hour shifts.

5. shiftworkerapp thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, that was actually the second most requested feature after shift rotations/patterns (which was implemented in 1.4). 1.5 will allow you to do this :)

6. shiftworkerapp thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi all, just thought i'd update this thread as a new update is on the way (almost ready for approval by Apple). I did want to share one of the greatest reviews of Shift Worker (read - a Productivity App) i've read for a while with you though :)

"Worst game on iTunes. What the heck is all this about? Very disappointed with this game which you can't even work out the rules to! There's seemingly no scoring system no way to progress to the next level and the graphics are very poor. All you seem to be able to do is put little suns or moons or whatever on certain days! BORING! I want my money back.... 4 stars"

7. shiftworkerapp thread starter macrumors newbie

1.4.2 update has been submitted to Apple, hopefully it won't be long before it's available on the App Store.

* You can now edit notes without deleting them first
    * Goto menu enhanced with better month/year selections
    * You can now share shifts on Facebook and Twitter
    * A new MMS option has been added
    * Fixed an issue with time view
    * Tweaked app icon a little
    * Shared copies of the calendar are now higher quality (matching retina display)

8. shiftworkerapp thread starter macrumors newbie

1.4.2 has now been released! :)

Would love any feedback you may have.

9. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I looked at the pictures in the app store, is there anything for 24 hr shifts?

10. shiftworkerapp thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, that's fine, any shifts up to 24 hours in length can be added.

11. shiftworkerapp thread starter macrumors newbie

12. shiftworkerapp thread starter macrumors newbie

13. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Thanks for sharing. This will be handy to have.

14. bobboinc macrumors newbie

Great job on the app. I work at refinery where we work 12hr shifts for 4 on 4 off, consisting of 2 day shifts then 24hrs off then 2 night shifts and then every 24 days were on call for our 4 off. This app worked out great. This makes it very easy to access the information compared to the standard iphone calendar.