shiftcases.com Cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Old Muley, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Old Muley macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

My son wanted a "real" carbon fiber case for his new iPhone, so my wife ordered him one from a website called shiftcases.com. That was nearly 3 weeks ago, and so far we have received no product and have had no correspondence. Of course they did quickly take our payment via PayPal.

After a bit of googling, I discovered that apparently they used to do business as "DRO Concepts" and people were generally not too happy with the product and company.

Has anyone dealt with this company? I'm tempted to cancel the transaction.

2. Old Muley thread starter macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

As of today (11/26/2013) I have sent multiple e-mails to this company to inquire as to the status of our order. No response has ever been received. Hopefully I hear from them by tomorrow afternoon, otherwise I'll be canceling my order.

3. Old Muley thread starter macrumors 6502a

Old Muley

Well, In the nearly 2 months since my original order, I never once received any kind of response from this company, nor any product. Since I had paid using PayPal, I filed a resolution claim. PayPal attempted to contact the company directly as well, but apparently they never received any response either. Subsequently PayPal quickly decided in our favor and is issuing us a refund.

After all this, I decided to take some time and really go through their website. I was not able to find any physical address, other than a map on their "support" section that generically directs to Tampa, Florida. They have a blog, however there are only two entries. The most recent is dated April 4, 2013 and the first one is a default "this is your blog and how to use it". For a company that only sells products online, the whole website seems a bit like a ghost town.

4. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear about that. Cygnett makes the urbanshield with a carbon fiber back, might be a better option. I got one on amazon for $20.

5. Vetvito macrumors 6502a