Shiny keys and how to prevent them?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Baloney1011, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Baloney1011 macrumors member

So, I recently ordered my MacBook Pro 17" and it should arrive in about two weeks (so excited :D). However, I have heard that the keyboard's do get shiny VERY fast and it's permanent. I don't want to ruin a $2500 computer with greasy fingers. Obviously the solution would be a keyboard cover. However, according to the world, keyboard covers are annoying and slow you down. Is there any other solution? People say there isn't but... maybe there just is! I just don't want a keyboard cover!! :mad: Maybe LCD cleaner (I have some of that, it's pretty mild), or Mr. Clean magic eraser (does that work on blackbooks?) ... Any ideas? Maybe somebody has discovered a solution.

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

I've been using a keyboard cover since day one. It hasn't slowed me down and it hasn't caused any troubles. Only negative is that the backlight doesn't come out nicely but that doesn't affect me. BTW, the cover I bought was from Amazon for $1.70.

3. Sam2lucky13 macrumors 6502

Sam2lucky13

4. randomrazr macrumors 65816

did u not even bother looking this up?

the obvious answer is keyboard cover which u would have found out

5. xpcker macrumors regular

next time check forums... mbp is updating in 1-2 weeks.

6. LeiQQ macrumors regular

LeiQQ

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Don't use a magic eraser on it. They are filled with harsh chemicals including formaldehyde.