Shiny new MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Devil's Refugee, May 31, 2007.

1. Devil's Refugee macrumors 6502

After years of abuse using Windows, and constant badgering from a Unix friend of mine, I bought a new refresh MacBook (2.16, 2Gb RAM, 160HDD)

All I can say is Wow :eek:

It's just so easy to use. I've lurked on these forums and AppleInsider for ages now, reading up and generally following the trends until now, and never really appreciated that Apple produces really do just work out of the box. I've got an old Thinkpad at home running XP Pro, with a new Airport Extreme Base Station connected to a cable modem. I've had no end of trouble trying to connect to it, couldn't update the Airport Admin software, the Airport Disk didn't connect.....then I open the MacBook and hey presto!, connects first time, sees the disk, software updates work without a problem.....sublime, simply sublime.

I'm no out and out techie, but even after 30 mins I was installing apps and navigating my way round Tiger. I can't wait for Leopard now.

Once I migrate all the stuff on the Thinkpad to the MB, I'll be passing it across to the wife (she'll use it for general photo, music, surfing stuff) with the intention of getting the (hopefully) new MBPros released in a couple of weeks time (as a consultant I'll need the more powerful version lol....that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

I read a thread, (but can't find it anywhere again!) of a few useful apps to download once you get going. I've got the Coconut Battery widget, any further suggestions welcome :)

Will be fully immersed in Steve's Reality Distortion Field once the iPhone comes out in the UK....

Glad to join the throng :D
    Goodbye Windows ;)

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

welcome :)

When you opened the box, did it feel like welcoming a new member of the family? it did for me :D

3. Kermit the frog macrumors regular

Kermit the frog

Welcome...I also bought a mac today...today must of been a good day to be CEO of apple

4. Devil's Refugee thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL

I'm a 35 year old management consultant. I felt like a kid in a sweet shop...not had the same feeling for opening any other PC/ laptop box before. And the packaging is just so niiiiice.

5. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

i remember getting my first iPod, and opening it up. There were card tabs holding the cd and documentation in place. The first tab said "Designed by Apple in California". The next tab just said "Enjoy". I enjoyed every moment i had with that iPod, and i'm enjoying every moment with my current iPod and MacBook.

How many PC users can say they care for their products on an almost emotional level? :D

6. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Enjoy it, the funny thing its the same every time :)

7. 2hondas macrumors regular

8. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

9. dannewell15 macrumors regular

10. skwij macrumors 6502

11. verticalforce macrumors member

Now I know why people said that this is a cult...

Family? Good God, are we truly buying a computer or changing our religion here? :p