"Ship it Faster" link?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by vikingjunior, Apr 10, 2015.

1. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Tell me I'm not losing my mind there was a "Ship it Faster" link on the order page this morning. I clicked it twice and it took me to a page that had my shipping zip code. I got confused on what to do and was getting nervous that I was going to miss my 4/24 date so I just hit place order and got my 4/24 date I know I cut it close. So did anyone else see the link?

2. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Yes. It was a scam. It cost me valuable seconds. It led to the following options: Regular shipping. End of list.

3. technosix macrumors 6502a

I've pre-ordered a huge number of Apple products, speaking only from my experience Apple ships quickly. It never matters if I chose expedited or standard shipping even from China I always get the computer / phone or whatever in the same three day time frame after Apple sends it.

4. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

I saw this to. As I was actually willing to pay for faster shipping. Just in case. And when I hit the link the only option for me last night was standard shipping. Thankfully though. I was still able to get the 4-24 date.

5. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

On some iPhone pre-orders express shipping has been available which basically amounted to paying $20 to get it before 10am instead of before 8pm.

6. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

I lost a minute and 2 weeks trying to click the "Ship to Store" button. It wasn't grayed out. If it wasn't really an option, it shouldn't have been there.

7. Donstil-nl macrumors 6502

Donstil-nl

I Will Pay $20,- in a heartbeat if that means I really got it before 10 am that day :D

8. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Years ago when I ordered a PowerBook (I believe), I decided to pay for the "expedited" shipping — something I never do — and it ended up taking even longer than the standard shipping estimate. I got the shipping fee refunded and I've never done it again since.

My experience is the same as yours.

9. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

I agree, but I don't see that option. Someone posted on these forums that if it ships via UPS you can arrange to pick it up at the depot at 9am even if the delivery hasn't been attempted yet.

Another thing I've done in the past (for work) is to ask my UPS driver where he starts his route and then camp out there and wait for him -- used to be the hospital when I worked at a video store and we wanted to get the tapes ready to rent the same day.

10. vikingjunior thread starter macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

I bet a lot of people lost the 4/24 because of the ship it Faster link.