Ship times starting to slip

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheBama, Sep 15, 2017.

1. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

1-2 Weeks for some Sim-Free versions
    3-4 for some T-Mobile.

2. cnotes2019 Suspended

I did in store pick up

3. mctrials23 macrumors 6502

In the UK they are all pretty much still available for pickup / delivery next friday. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that last year you were looking at no stock in popular colours after a few minutes for the plus model.

Either apple have made a lot more 8's this year or people are genuinely underwhelmed and voting with their wallets. If thats the case, I wonder when apple will panic a bit. I assume they won't worry until after the release of the X but it doesn't look like the 8 is flying off the shelves.

4. cnotes2019 Suspended

Why would they

5. trekkie604 macrumors 68000

trekkie604

I was here for the start of preorders for the 6/6+ and in comparison the 8 so far is definitely slow. Look at the AT&T thread, it has only grown by 2 pages since yesterday!

6. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Every single model is still available for the 22nd in Australia... lol. For post and pick up.

7. kungxpao macrumors 6502

kungxpao

All configuration for AT&T and Verizon are still available. People are waiting for the X. You can tell by the traffic on this website.

8. Strelok macrumors 6502a

Strelok

256GB 8+ Space Gray slipped to the 29th on Verizon. Looks like that's the most popular color this time around.

9. TheBama thread starter macrumors 6502

TheBama

Looks like it, not as "OMG overloaded" as usual. With Apple and the carriers offering financing I don't think the price tag matters as much as it used to!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2017 ---
    Yep. My checks show: Space Gray, Silver then gold. With most going for the 256gig ones

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I have a strong feeling this year, website servers are going to lag/crash with the iPhone , both perhaps Apple or carrier related. But I expect some difficulty placing orders this year.

11. rhaatou macrumors newbie

Still all available in Switzerland and showing a shipping date of the 22nd.

Kind of reminds me of the launch of the 4S when you could walk into stores on the Saturday and still grab one easily.

At least the good news is I'll be able to try an 8+ out next Friday in my local apple store.

Somehow this makes me think the iphone X will be a nightmare to get...

12. SmugMaverick macrumors member

SmugMaverick

Still available for 22nd in the uk

Oh dear Apple people can see through your 8.

13. Hawkeyeman Suspended

I think we all knew ahead of time most, like myself are waiting for the X. The wife has the 6 and wanted to upgrade to the 8 plus so that’s why I’m hear tonight

14. PJM83 macrumors regular

PJM83

One hour in all models except 256 Space Grey + which has slipped a week are still available in Sweden. Must be a record.

15. Hawkeyeman Suspended

Yea. Wonder if Apple was expecting this to be a low selling phone

16. trekkie604 macrumors 68000

trekkie604

All models except for the Gold 8+ 256 are still showing launch day delivery in Canada lol...

17. ascender macrumors 68020

ascender

People will try and read in to this and spin it any number of ways as they always do. But the truth is still the same - only Apple and the carriers will know just how many phones are selling and how many were available. Its all just guesswork on the web.

Decent stock available = iPhone 8 is a flop or people are waiting for the X.
    Decent stock available = Apple have managed to make more phones available for launch day than in previous years.

18. TheBama thread starter macrumors 6502

TheBama

Good point. Won't really know until we hear numbers from Apple.

19. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

You would not think that part of the reason they are not overloaded is that there is another phone to buy? LOL!
    I thought only politicians did this!

20. UltraDogg macrumors newbie

Every model still available for reserve and pick-up here in UAE.

21. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

Is the typical Apple customer ready to pay $999 for an iPhone? I don't think so, but we'll see in October.

The more time people have to think about their X purchase, the less likely they are to commit. That's the whole premise of why salesmen want to close a sale immediately.

iPhone 8 sales are clearly a dog so far. We're already more than an hour into the pre-order window.

22. mctrials23 macrumors 6502

I agree, I think apple are going to realise they have ****ed up this year once iPhone X has been released. I was all ready to get a 7+ last year until it took a few months to get one. By that point I had realised I didn't need it and that my 6+ was still perfectly fine. When it was released I really wanted it but wait a few months and the desire dies down.

I would probably have got an 8+ if it was the same price as last years 7+ but I really resent apple sticking another £100 on top of their already high prices only to get another year of the iPhone 6 design.