Ship to store

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bsotak, Feb 7, 2013.

1. bsotak macrumors newbie

If I order an iMac with the ship to store option and the store gets one in that matches my configuration prior to my delivery date, will Apple fulfill my order and deliver that one to me??

2. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Well you can call them to verify that but I would say not as it wouldn't be fair to a customer that would walk in and may want the exact configuration you ordered. The one that you ordered that's being shipped should be the one that is granted to you.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No, you will get the one designated for you originally....It's all about the paper trail, despatch info etc.

4. ArtieFufkin10 macrumors member

ugh

ship to store is finally available for iMacs I guess. I wanted to take advantage of that and pick up in Delaware without sales tax, but I opted to get it sooner and stuck with PA tax.

5. trustever macrumors 6502

you can always pop in the store or call them daily to check their stock and once you picked the computer cancel the online order.

6. HenryDJP macrumors 603

You can't cancel an order once it's in transit.

7. robjulo macrumors 6502a

My guess is the "processing" time is quite a bit longer than the "transit" time. I'd order it online and, as suggested above, call the store daily. If they get one and you are still processing, cancel the order. That is exactly what I did.

8. trustever macrumors 6502

Exactly your processing time might last from 2 to 3 weeks where the transit status will last 1 day... Up to you which strategy you want to go for! Good Luck and enjoy your new toy when he comes!