Ship to store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MTShipp, Nov 6, 2016.

1. MTShipp macrumors 6502a

When I placed my new MacBook Pro order (15" 2.9/2TB), the delivery range was when I will be traveling to Spain so I opted for ship to store which is 2 days after I return.

Over the years I have seen many people post that they receive their orders a few days early because Apple sets expectations and tries to exceed it.

Has anyone experienced a ship to store order that arrived early? And if so, does anyone have an idea of how long the store will hold it before releasing it for sale to others? I would hate to be in Barcelona and find out it is waiting for me and I am a week from getting back and lose it. The option to call the store may be difficult as I do not have international calling on my phone but if I did call, would they even care?

2. Capt T macrumors 6502a

I would go in to the store if you can and chat with either the sales manager or one of the business reps

3. hiker- macrumors newbie

Had this with my Apple Watch, can't remember if this was official information from Apple, but I think they will hold it for at least one week.
    My MacBook Pro non-TB is waiting for pick up since Tuesday btw.

4. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

If you've paid for it, it's at least two weeks. And you'll most likely be contacted before anything is done with it. And, since it's a BTO model, it will be processed as a return rather than released for sale.

5. MTShipp thread starter macrumors 6502a