Shipment Delay

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by brecskel, Oct 14, 2009.

  1. brecskel macrumors newbie


    Oct 14, 2009
    Hey everyone I have an order for a 17" macbook pro with/
    3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    8GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
    500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm
    MacBook Pro 17-inch Antiglare Widescreen Display

    The order showed up on my account on october 7 2009 and as of october 14th im still waiting for shipment and i just got an email telling me

    "Due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the following item(s)
    by the date that you were originally quoted:"
    "MBP 17/ CTO
    will now ship on or before
    Nov 28, 2009"

    Does this not seem to be a rather long ship date? Seems like apple could do this a little faster i mean they are in the job of selling computers. Just a little steamed that it is going to take 2 months to get this in. But mostly because i got the run around from the sales dep this morning, think they would be a little nicer to someone willing to put out over $4,000 on their product. I couldnt even get a answer which was all I was looking for, like we need time to get some of the parts in or we are simply backed up would have made me happy. But I only got passed from one person to another and put on hold about 20 times.
  2. jayman99 macrumors member

    Jan 10, 2009
    that whole situation seems very odd.

    on the website the ETA for your configuration says 1-3 days for shipping.

    i would cancel the order and place another one.

    i used to work for apple and this situation like i said, is very odd. they handled the situation very unprofessional as well. i bet you're very frustrated!

    you can also try complaining again on the phone, and demand to speak to a supervisor, or someone of higher authority. if they can't provide you proper answers, then cancel the order. the website says 1-3 days! not one month!

    if you complain enough too, they might throw in a free item. i once got a free backpack ($100) for calling in a demanding an incentive for poor applecare service. but then again, if that doesn't change your 1 month wait without proper explanation why, i'd cancel and place a new order.

    apple "used" to be a great company and care about their customers. the past years i have been very disappointed. even working for them was a drag, went downhill fast.

    wish you the best of luck. hope you can get a decent answer from someone, it would make your decisions much easier to make!

    i've seen before when shipment dates mysteriously change and are delayed up to 1 or 2 weeks MAX, because or parts in a custom configuration order, or a product refresh with updated components, etc. but longer than 2 weeks is ridiculous, especially without explanation, and with the website showing 1-3 days!
  3. Hellhammer Moderator


    Staff Member

    Dec 10, 2008
    Maybe there's an update coming :rolleyes: I would do what jayman99 suggested
  4. Pak^Man macrumors regular

    Jul 28, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Any chnace it has something to do with supply issues due to the NVIDIA announcement?

    Especially given the JIT inventory that most compnaies keep these days for parts.... hmmmmmm?

    Maybe I should stop putting off the purchase of that 13-inch MBP before the 9400M become history and we are left with an another crappy Intel GMA....
  5. theMaccer macrumors 6502a


    Oct 7, 2006
    Maybe Apple got into some trouble with the Chinese Customs.
  6. Lawliet macrumors newbie

    Oct 14, 2009
    I would suggest you check in with the store of the shipment. Or some store have their tracking number so you can check it online on the status of your shipment. If the store is reliable then worry but if not I think you need to do something now.

    Online Tools Depot
  7. googdot macrumors regular

    Jul 12, 2005
    Aotearoa...Land Of The Long White Cloud
    +1 My guess is an update is on the way!
  8. rkuntze macrumors member

    Jun 13, 2009
    Monterey, CA
    If you can wait I would wait. You may end up the latest model, as opposed to receiving the current model and two weeks later a newer, faster, better model is out. It's happened to me. Good Luck:eek:


    MacPro 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 16 GB Memory 4X1 TB HDD Apple Raid Card Mac OS 10.6.1, MBP 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 3GB Memory 500 GB HDD Mac OS 10.5.8, iPhone 3G S⃣ 32GB
  9. brecskel thread starter macrumors newbie


    Oct 14, 2009

    Update: I was contacted by Apple today my order of october 7 is still in the process of shipping because when I placed my order I orderd the old wired mouse. Turns out they canceled that and upgraded me to the magic mouse free of charge says my order will ship on the 30th of October. Looks like being friendly to customer service and understanding sometimes pays off. Goo Karma

Share This Page