Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
My oneplus 6 has dispatched yet I’m not going to be in on the due delivery date which is tomorrow, as the phone is coming with dhl I can reschedule delivery but I’m afraid that if I do reschedule my delivery that will mean more people will have to handle my package and that would mean my package is at a higher risk of getting damaged, do you think this could be true if I reschedule delivery? Thanks

Update: tracking sais shipment on hold, why is this? Could it be because I rescheduled delivery?

Last edited:

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
My oneplus 6 has dispatched yet I’m not going to be in on the due delivery date which is tomorrow, as the phone is coming with dhl I can reschedule delivery but I’m afraid that if I do reschedule my delivery that will mean more people will have to handle my package and that would mean my package is at a higher risk of getting damaged, do you think this could be true if I reschedule delivery? Thanks

Not so sure what they problem is here and I feel you're panicking over nothing.

Your phone has already been through multiple delivery steps even before it gets on the truck and you're worried about this?

Calm down, it'll be fine and even if it's not then the chances are any damages took place enroute.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Not so sure what they problem is here and I feel you're panicking over nothing.

Your phone has already been through multiple delivery steps even before it gets on the truck and you're worried about this?

Calm down, it'll be fine and even if it's not then the chances are any damages took place enroute.

Do you think I should reschdule then, I was going to take the day of work, I freak out that because more people will be handling it that it’s somehow going to get damaged, thanks for the reply

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Whatever you do don't look up videos about how packages are handled on YouTube.
Goes on YouTube and searches packages being handled lol, yeah I’ve seen these this is why I’m wondering if left with the shipping carrier any longer than necessary then it’s a risk of receiving damage.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Do you think I should reschdule then, I was going to take the day of work, I freak out that because more people will be handling it that it’s somehow going to get damaged, thanks for the reply

Huh? I'm saying you're panicking over absolutely nothing and don't concern yourself.

If you want to get it in your hands sooner because you're excited to get it then take the day off. But worrying over a rescheduled delivery and potential damage is, TBH, quite silly...

Reactions: arkitect and iterva

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Huh? I'm saying you're panicking over absolutely nothing and don't concern yourself.

If you want to get it in your hands sooner because you're excited to get it then take the day off. But worrying over a rescheduled delivery and potential damage is, TBH, quite silly...

Thanks, I think I’ll just reschedule then
[doublepost=1527093170][/doublepost]

Just rescheduled, please god don’t let it get damaged

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Will the parcel just be left in the warehouse until Monday when the delivery has been rescheduled for? Or will they just slow the delivery process down?

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
The parcel will be in the warehouse.

Oh ok thanks, I’ve never not been home for a parcel before so I guess I’m just worrying over nothing, I just always fear these delivery people are going to damage my items the longer they have them

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon

I order from Amazon "a lot". Never had a damaged package. Ever. They use a variety of services to deliver a package. I've had everything from a large delivery van to a guy in the Honda deliver stuff to my house.

If anything my biggest concern was my package being stolen outside my door or the heat of the summer damaging the item. Never have I been concerned about a package arriving damaged because too many people touched it. I'd say you are fine. Reschedule the delivery.
[doublepost=1527102361][/doublepost]
Thanks, I think I’ll just reschedule then
[doublepost=1527093170][/doublepost]
Just rescheduled, please god don’t let it get damaged

Keep us posted. Let me know what you think of the phone once it arrives.

Reactions: ThatiPhoneKid

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
I order from Amazon "a lot". Never had a damaged package. Ever. They use a variety of services to deliver a package. I've had everything from a large delivery van to a guy in the Honda deliver stuff to my house.

If anything my biggest concern was my package being stolen outside my door or the heat of the summer damaging the item. Never have I been concerned about a package arriving damaged because too many people touched it. I'd say you are fine. Reschedule the delivery.
[doublepost=1527102361][/doublepost]

Keep us posted. Let me know what you think of the phone once it arrives.

Will do thanks!

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Tracked delivery it’s coming from Poland? Why are oneplus sending their phones from Poland?

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
Goes on YouTube and searches packages being handled lol, yeah I’ve seen these this is why I’m wondering if left with the shipping carrier any longer than necessary then it’s a risk of receiving damage.
Whatever you do, don’t watch Ace Ventura’s Pet Dectective, UPS scene ;)

Reactions: ThatiPhoneKid

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
Just read online that one reason could be that customs have seized 5he item and are checking it over, I sure hope this isn’t the case, do you guys think it could be because of this?

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Next time you have the urge to have your iPhone or other Apple product checked for possible flaws, just take it directly to an Apple store -- you'll save yourself a lot of time and agonizing! They'll examine it on the spot, give you the verdict, and then send you on your way with either your same untouched item or a replacement.

Reactions: Peterg2

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
hi,

Received my new phone this morning by dhl, concerned that the phone may have been inspected by customs, would I know by the packaging If dhl would have inspected my item? Thanks

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
hi,

Received my new phone this morning by dhl, concerned that the phone may have been inspected by customs, would I know by the packaging If dhl would have inspected my item? Thanks

Was it shrink-wrapped? And why would they inspect it?

Your recent posts around this new phone of yours come accross as somewhat paranoid!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.