Shipment status: In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule - question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marcin0903, Aug 10, 2010.

1. marcin0903 macrumors regular

I ordered iP4 in Apple Online Store UK and they shipped it on 5th Aug, today my status changed to "In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule" - but still I cannot find any tracking number from the carrier that will deliver it to me, so my question is, how long do I have to wait for this number ;)?

2. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

no one ;(?

this is what I have in shipment status;

still don't have carrier tracking number, but it says "in transit to customer - shipment on schedule - 10 Aug 2010". Does it mean that my package could arrive today (according to that 10 Aug 2010") or what?

Attached Files:

3. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I don't know how things work with shipping in England, so I am probably not much help. It depends on how fast your local carriers normally are.

Here in the states, if that thing was shipped out on the 6th like it says, it would have been to you on the 9th or 10th. I am assuming, however, that it ships from overseas, so it will take longer for you, I am guessing.

4. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

OK, thanks for answer and that 10th Aug 2010 next to "In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule" is just today's date, not any delivery date or something, right ;)?

5. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Your estimated delivery date is August 19th. As per your screenshot.

6. billycuth macrumors 6502a

Well, it says shipped to on August 5th, right? So I guess it takes 2 weeks in transit to get to you - if I am reading it right.

7. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, but it's hard to belive for me that it will takie so much time, so I hope that I will receive it earlier

8. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Oh trust me, it will. Some are reporting earlier, some are reporting later.

Don't fear you'll receive the phone, just might be later then you expect.

9. Aboo macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately that two-week transit time is about right because although it ships on a particular date, it just means that it is sitting in a pallet waiting for other products to accompany it to Europe. It seems that Apple uses this sort of shipping logistics for EMEA

10. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

I understand, but one thing is strange, few days ago next to my order, appeared tracking order for Kuehne & Nagel logistics, than disappeared, anyway, I checked that number and there were to things listed when I typed it in, on Kuehne + Nagel website, one was showing that shipment that weight is 60 kgs will be on 8th Aug in Luxemburg and other (also 60kg) will be on 9th in Birmingham and yesterday I had status, "Preparing to hand a package to the final carrier" (or sth like that) and now I have in status that "transit to customer", so that's why it lets me think.

This is the proof of that Kuehne + Nagel shipment:

Attached Files:

11. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah - it is today out for delivery, I ordered it to my friend's home and than he will send me it to Poland, anyway, his is working from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. so on the tracking of UPS I have that first delivery faild because he was not at home. After how many delivery attempts the package is returned to sender and do the UPS carriers delivery packages on later hours like 8 p.m.?

12. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

Today, my friend was not at home but he will collect it tomorrow and will resend it to me, to Poland.

I ordered iPhone 4 and bumper (just the day before conference ;)), they said that it will come one single package, but as I can see there's written that "multiple packages: 2", does it mean that it will come in two separate boxes?
    I am asking because that way I will be forced to pay more for shipping to Poland (for to packages), if my friend won't repack it..

Attached Files: