Shipment times and Past Experiences

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 16Paws, Apr 10, 2015.

1. 16Paws macrumors 6502a

First of all I am very excited to get my Apple Watch, please don't let my questioning here make anyone believe otherwise. Sure it is first gen, blah blah blah, but it is always a fun ride getting new tech.

Even though I had my order for my 42mm Space Gray Sport in at 12:05am, it looks as though I am in what looks to be the 2nd batch (5/13-5/27). So here is my question, because this is my first pre-order experience (I usually am one of those folks who wait in line, but now I live somewhere without an Apple Store so going isn't and option). If you have experience with Apple pre-orders what are the chances that their estimates are conservative and my new toy will ship earlier than the stated date? Or do you all think I am just going to be watchless a little while longer?

Thanks!

TL/DR: Any chance Apple is being conservative with their shipping dates and they may get bumped up a little?

2. blackbear219 macrumors regular

I am in the same boat as you. I think that there is a very good chance, but we'll have to wait and see. I'm going to try to forget about it for a couple of weeks, but it will be difficult :)

3. JSRockit macrumors 6502a

JSRockit

I'm in the same boat... I was as well with my iPhone 6+ and it camera a lot earlier than estimated.

4. Elzbeth macrumors regular

My guess, similar to how airlines overbook seats on a flight, Apple have estimated the amount of returns/cancelled orders and a lot of people will recieve their watch earlier than the dates quoted.

5. Cindori macrumors 68040

Cindori

Yes, Apple is usually very conservative with their shipping estimates. It is normal for shipping to occur earlier than the listed date. Whether that applies for this launch though is all speculation.

6. malone18 macrumors member

malone18

My mom had her 6+ come in about a week before her estimated delivery date. There's always a chance it will come early. I'm sure they want to under promise and over deliver.

7. truesepho macrumors regular

When I ordered my iPhone 6+ last year, the estimated delivery was like 1 week and a half after launch date, and I've got it 2 days after day 1 :rolleyes: