Shipped but held at UPS error?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by starstreak, Oct 12, 2011.

1. starstreak macrumors 6502

I just got an email saying my order has shipped (I ordered it from APPLE). I clicked on the link to track my order and I see the following:

Shenzhen, China 10/12/2011 4:44 P.M. The service selected is not available to the destination address. / Downgraded, forwarded to consignee, selected service is not available.
    10/12/2011 4:05 P.M. Departure Scan
    10/12/2011 5:42 A.M. Origin Scan
    China 10/12/2011 12:33 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I tried calling UPS but it's closed. Any idea what this is about? Its being shipped to my home (it's a house) address. Something about an unforeseen error has occurred and could delay my order.

2. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

deleted. Nevermind. I didn't read correctly. Sorry.

3. starstreak thread starter macrumors 6502

Btw, It's going to Hawaii, but I don't see why that would stop the shippment.
    I did notice on the Apple page that told me my order was being shipped, there is a "pre-sign" button (which was not there, while waiting for the order to goto shipping status). I printed that out. Do you think that was the reason for the hold? I hope APPLE notifies UPS that I agreed to the release.

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

It most likely just means that it's being held until release day. It's not exactly in their standard procedures to NOT deliver them as soon as possible, therefore there's a few random hoops to jump through to get delivery on a specific day for over a million shipments.

5. starstreak thread starter macrumors 6502

I hope you're correct. One thing about going UPS that's supposed to arrive on Friday, is if it misses the date, it's going to be held all the way to Monday. That's like another 1/2 week wait. Augh.
    I wish both Apple or UPS was open right now so I could ask.

6. doctapeppa macrumors 6502

No. The pre-sign paper you attach to your door for the Fed-Ex guy. Careful with this as after it's at your doorstep if someone takes it, it's no one's responsibility but your own.

I wouldn't worry about your shipping status. That seems pretty normal to me.

7. starstreak thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh I'll be home. I printed that out as backup. No way am I leaving a expensive pkg at my door. :)