Shipped , but not charged?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alecmcmahon, Jun 23, 2010.

1. alecmcmahon macrumors regular

I apologize if this has been gone over already, i didnt feel like searching through 10000s of recent iphone threads.

I ordered on launch day via At&t ( three phones ). They did a pre auth on all 3 phones, but yesterday they released the funds back into my account.

Now today i get an email with tracking # that my phones have shipped, they are currently on truck.

But at&t did not charge my account, is this a common issue to what others may be experiencing?

Thoughts?

Thanks

2. Pheelyx macrumors regular

Pheelyx

The same thing has happened with both of my phones. Had two temporary holds that dropped off right before they shipped. One phone came today and the other is scheduled for tomorrow. I've never heard of someone shipping something without charging your card for it.

I'm sure they will get around to it, seems like everything at AT&T is in slow motion since last week.

3. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Don't worry they will take your money soon enough.

4. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

5. alecmcmahon thread starter macrumors regular

Doubtful, 2 out of those 3 phones are being shipped out as they were sold for profit on ebay.

But yeh, it's really strange that they shipped them out without taking the money from my account.

6. alecmcmahon thread starter macrumors regular

bump, iphone " in transit " to my house, still not charged.

any insight on this?

7. ignign0kt macrumors member

Mine shipped this morning and I haven't been charged yet

8. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Activated yesterday, charge went through last night..

9. amtrucker22 macrumors member

What he said is what happen to me.

10. alecmcmahon thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, so ... when the phones get activated through the numbers i upgraded from it gets charged

Like i said, 2 out of those 3 phones were sold on ebay and are getting activated by somebody else under a different number.

are the phones linked to activation charge, or is it the actual cell phone number?

confused.

11. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Mine was delivered yesterday morning say 8:50am. I noticed the charge on my acct at 5:30am when I got up. So I was charged before I even got it and activated. However, I checked my bank few hours before I went to sleep that night and the charge wasn't there. So I got charged sometime late night 22nd, very early morning 23rd.

12. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Mines is on the truck, didnt arrive until this morning, but my card was charged yesterday when it hit TX.

13. nicalai macrumors newbie

my card was charged and in pending on sunday when i received an inactive fedex number. i received the phone yesterday morning, activated it at lunchtime and today the charge has been dropped. bank said today was the cutoff. this is the second time the charge has dropped and funds back in my acct. how long will this continue to happen? jeez.

btw, love my new phone.

14. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I received my phone as of yesterday and I was charged yesterday as well even though my phone shipped on Monday.

15. cherrygirlunmei macrumors member

My iPhone was delivered yesterday and activated, a day has passed and it's launch day now. My (debit) card STILL has not been charged yet. Then again, I never got those authorization charges either.

SO WEIRD. I might give them a call this weekend if nothing changes.

16. TyG8 macrumors regular

I was precharged last Wednesday, then the funds were removed from my account Saturday, I received the phone yesterday early afternoon, and my card has still not been re-charged.