Shipped on the 25th... due the 7th sept?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by markgodley, Aug 26, 2010.

1. markgodley macrumors regular

Hey,

Just wondered where these items actually ship from? I bought one and was told it would arrive 7th sept.. i then got an email 3 days later saying my item had been shipped (25th aug) and says should be with you in 3 days... yet it then said items wil be with me 7th-8th Sept... Why the 2 week delay?

P.s im from the UK

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

what machine did you buy? usually it either ships from ireland or china

3. markgodley thread starter macrumors regular

it was the macbook pro but added hi res screen and 128gb SSD

4. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

thats quite possibly why, CTO always take longer to despatch because they need putting together with the extra's you ordered ;)

5. markgodley thread starter macrumors regular

but surely it shouldn't show shipped if its not actually shipped? Surely it would just go to shipped once its actually dispatched?

6. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

Im in the same position as you but with different machine. There's bank holiday weekend this week so that'll hold it up a bit and then the post service will have to catch up with the weekend post. That's my theory anyway. Do couriers even have bank holiday off though?

7. tannerpp macrumors newbie

Not only do the couriers have bank holiday's off but in the case of UPS they don't work weekends. I had an order "ready to be shipped" all day today and UPS sent me an e-mail to say my delivery date was Tuesday despite the fact that the depot my new MPB is sat in is 15 miles away.....!

8. markgodley thread starter macrumors regular

Ok its starting to piss me off now... i recieved an email on the 25h Aug saying order has been shipped!

I have recieved an email today saying "Items are now in transit!" But on the apple site the macbook hasnt even been sent yet!

I wouldnt mind if it is the 7th sept... just stop teasing me apple!