Shipping address/Billing Address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bigrahizzle, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Bigrahizzle macrumors regular

Bigrahizzle

I was wondering if it would be a problem if im at a different location other than my billing address for my Debit Card. Is it alright if i had it shipped elsewhere?

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

3. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

Doesn't the iPhone ship to the address on the AT&T account?

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

No. You can choose to ship your newly preordered iPhone anywhere you want.

5. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

Is that somewhat new? The last 2 iPhones I ordered from apple would only ship to the account holders address. If they changed it that would be great! Otherwise I will just have to change the address on the account prior to ordering...

6. tylertech macrumors regular

When I tried to pre-order my 3GS, the billing address and shipping address weren't the same, and AT&T made a huge deal out of it (as in it took days to change). Eventually we got it straightened out after we verified everything.

7. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

8. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

9. Bigrahizzle thread starter macrumors regular

Bigrahizzle

thanks for the reply guys, this takes care of my worries.

10. jfk3674 macrumors member

I searched and I read the PDF, but I can't seem to figure out this scenario. I will be on holiday starting the 24th. Is it possible to have the phone shipped to a hotel in another state? Has anyone heard of this situation? All the notices say "home or business," but what about a 3rd option? I kind of think they will say no as it seems kind of sketchy.

11. h1kar1 macrumors regular

h1kar1

Is it just me or did i read the press release wrong.

Let me know your thoughts. This consirned my mother and sister as well so would like to know for sure also

My thoughts are out of state is not going to fly
    In state you could say business and put in an alternative address.
    Won't know for sure until tomorrow i guess.

12. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

How are they going to know whether that hotel isn't your business? You can ship...
    Anywhere, people.

They have to say that. You will get it June 24th unless the delivery company is overloaded or makes some kind of mistake.

13. jfk3674 macrumors member

Well we know that is not 100% correct, because I am sure if you order it to say to a U.K address I am sure they won't honor that. So I am not sure how far out from the billing address they will allow.

14. metrowarrior79 macrumors newbie

I spoke to an AT&T rep last night and was told the phone MUST be shipped to the same address that is listed as the billing address on your debit/credit card. She said that you could change that billing address to the location you wanted it shipped to for a few days until the phone shipped and then change it back to work around that problem, but she did assure me that the iPhone must be shipped to the billing address of the card used when pre-ordering. Hope this helps, I'm just relaying what I was told.

15. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

but, does that mean the account holders' address on the AT&T account?

16. old-wiz macrumors G3

One more thing..

Sometimes the credit card people will deny a charge or get upset if you don't ship it to your billing address. It's a good idea to call the CC people beforehand.

17. h1kar1 macrumors regular

h1kar1

This is exactly what my mom was told by At&t and apple the other day.
    I was surprised by it which is why i have been questioning it on the forums.

18. genova35 macrumors member

Preordered

So I got mine preordered and it forced me to ship to AT&T billing address, my home. However now that I check my order status it allows me to change the shipping address. Not sure if I want ship to my work (easier for me) or home and potentially screw up 24th delivery. Any of you all have any insight?

19. bmms8 macrumors 68020

do you have a normal account? i dont live at home and i need it shipped to me, but ATT is only allowing phones to be shipped to billing addresses :(

20. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

This is not true for all accounts.

21. adeloren macrumors member

I was only able to ship the phone to my billing address. i dont have a business premiere account.

22. Legends20036 macrumors member

When I placed my actual order with Apple it said I had to ship it to the AT&T account address but once I had the order placed I just went back into my Apple account and changed the shipping address for the order to my office.

23. adeloren macrumors member

I wish i would have known that when i got all the way through, now i cant get back in...

24. bmms8 macrumors 68020

great i am going to try this!

25. bmms8 macrumors 68020

mines ordered, i hope apple lets me change my shipping from my att billing to my real shipping in a couple hours