Shipping Advice

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by RoscoeUA, Dec 23, 2010.

1. RoscoeUA macrumors member

RoscoeUA

I ordered an iPad for my wife for christmas. The apple rep I was chatting with assured me that the iPad would arrive the 24th. The delivered by date was Dec. 23-24. Now my FedEx tracking number is saying delivered on the 28th! What kind of action should I take?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Call FedEx. It's quite likely that they do not deliver between 24-26th of December, especially if you chose the cheapest shipping method.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I suggest you call Apple because sounds like they lied to you.

4. RoscoeUA thread starter macrumors member

RoscoeUA

Here is a portion of my confirmation screen once I placed the order. This screen also has the order number and everything.

[​IMG]

5. RoscoeUA thread starter macrumors member

RoscoeUA

Just a quick heads up. Apple is saying it is a glitch with their system but that all iPad's ordered before 10am PST today will be delivered by the 24th

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I hate to tell you this, but I think Apple's feeding you a line of BS.

If FedEx's tracking page says it's being delivered on the 28th, then I would fully expect it on the 28th. The person you spoke with may be correct in that if you order an iPad *today* they'll ship it out with overnight shipping and you'll get it tomorrow, but if you ordered it a couple days ago and they shipped it ground, then, well, you may be screwed. I would trust FedEx's tracking page over some Apple phone rep. They're the ones delivering it and they know better than anyone else the type of service it was shipped with and how long it will take, and I've always found the estimated delivery dates of both FedEx and UPS to be spot on.

7. RoscoeUA thread starter macrumors member

RoscoeUA

You were right. I called Apple back and spoke to someone that was able to give me some real information. The FedEx site is correct and they were more than happy to compensate me for my troubles since it will arrive after Christmas.