Shipping dates can move up after launch day weekend?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Random87, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Random87 macrumors member

Is there any way the iPhones set to be delivered in late October will have their shippings dates moved up once all the launch weekend iPhones are delivered and/or bought at stores?

My current delivery date is set for Oct.19-26 and I absolutely cannot wait to have a big screen phone.

Has this every happened before: iPhones were shipped before the actual shopping date?

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Guess it depends on actual retail demand (which is unknown) and the relation to production (which is pretty much already known).

3. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

it's VERY possible. last year we missed launch day and were in the 2nd wave delivery... but got our phones much earlier...

same happened with the watch... I was scheduled a couple of weeks out for shipment and received my watch the following Tuesday after launch....

so yes... it IS possible to get your phone earlier than originally stated in your order.

4. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I think your fine. Other than the rose gold, there will be plenty of inventory after the initial launch. Now the 7 is probably going to be nuts!:eek:

5. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

They tend to base the estimates a bit high as that way they can deliver early.

I know when we ordered our 4S it was 3-4 weeks out, but it shipped in like 10 days. So there's a high chance, pending a production issue, that it will ship early... how early really depends on a variety of demand factors.

6. laurarh macrumors regular

My 10/7 delivery of a rose gold model just got bumped up to 9/25 so I think you have really good chances of an early delivery.

7. Random87 thread starter macrumors member

I certainly have my fingers crossed. I've been wanting the Plus since the iPhone 6 but was holding out for a better camera and more RAM, and now that those thing have been added, I keep thinking how much better doing anything on the 6S Plus will be compared to my current iPhone 5.

8. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

It happened for some folks last year.

9. maleficent86 macrumors regular

maleficent86

Yes, my iPhone 6 Plus last year had a deliver by date of Nov 31 but it came on Oct 31st instead.

10. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Apple loves to under promise and over deliver. They said my Apple Watch would come in early July, when in actuality I got it in mid June.

Good luck.