shipping dates

Discussion in 'iMac' started by leadfeather89, Oct 24, 2012.

1. leadfeather89 macrumors member

When do you guys think these will be shipping within the month they stated?

beginning? end? middle?

I'm leaning towards end of Nov/Dec.

2. washburn macrumors 6502

hoping early November for the 21 and early December for the 27

3. Overg macrumors 6502

Actually reading between the info, it's now crystal clear that the iMac wasn't ready for this year.
    A huge manufacturer problem cause to so many delays.
    So apple yesterday want to calm the iMac fans.
    The 27 inch will be ( according to what I read) at December, means next year.
    It won't be 1.12....
    More in lines of 20/25 so on this case it is available in jan 2013, as I was previously predicted.
    At least they let us know ( finally!!!!!) how it looks like.

4. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

you are probably right about it not being all ready. Since apple now actually dont sell imacs currently, this was something they just had to do because people were getting inpatient. But, when in the months, you dont know that. could just as well be the first week in november and december.

Anyway, as long as I can order it this year I´m happy. And I´m glad they finally had some info for us.

5. ipodmac macrumors regular

No I think when apple says November and December they are going to try to stick to it.

6. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

With a day job in the IT industry, I automatically assume that any given month converts into a date of the last day of that month. On top of that, I would expect that date to be the one you can actually place the order, so delivery at some unspecified time after that.

So, Friday 30 November for 21"
    and, Monday 31st December for 27"

with initial constraints on volume due to production issues and including, I guess, fighting for space on container ships on aircraft running up to the holiday season.

All speculation. We may get some clues in the earnings call if Tim makes any predictions about desktop sales in the next quarters.

7. washburn macrumors 6502

has this happened before tho? Product were announced to be out by such and such and were on time or delayed?

8. Macman45, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Just got off the phone with my Apple guru. All they have been officially told is "November" No prices are yet available on Fusion, but I'm hoping to gat a call later in the day on that one.

As far as shipping goes, I'd say probably 2 weeks if Apple are moving stock into position...The 21.5 will definitely ship first...I asked about lamination issue on the 27" but she didn't have any updated info.

Hopefully it will go smoothly with stock being moved to the necessary strategic depots etc ready for delivery.

9. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

I would like to know the date as well. Ant to take the day off to pick the imac in store for the full experience :D